What companies do you buy from?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by nm+, Dec 24, 2005.

1. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    you know at the moment currys/pc world are actually quite competitive with their tiny little notebooks!

2. jacksonhuang100

jacksonhuang100 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB SLI
    DELL XPS15 (2011)

i7-2730
    8GB ddr2
    GeForce 540m
    256gb SSD
    backlight keyboard

good design and quality. runs most of the games @ mid-high settings smoothly at that time.

video card is pretty weak, and it come with the nvidia driver issue or something, cant play any call of duty series... random crash... never fixed :(

right now, im using it only to play Diablo 3, crashes once every 2 days? its probably because the dust in the vent, its hard to clean the vent for this model....

i spend same amount of money ($2500) on a desktop last week, way more powerfull and stable, i guess no more game laptop for me then...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Dell Alienware, best laptop i've ever had and it's my first.

I really don't see the hate on these laptops, it has a dedicated soundcard, superb 17,3inch screen wich competes with a IPS panel.

Build quality is amazing too, heavy and very sturdy.

And the speakers are audiophile like, it has Klipsch 2way on each side!
    Some models have a built in subwoofer too.

4. rocknrolla12

rocknrolla12 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9
    Got my Lenovo G505 from PC world foe £329, happy bunny!

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Being a tech for Dell i can name a few problems depending on the revision you have but in general the latest revision of the Alienwares are not that badly designed and have less issues than the ones before.

6. collacor

collacor Guest

GPU:
    DDR2-800
    Alienware Gaming Laptop

Alienware 14 ALW14-1250sLV 14-Inch Gaming Laptop
    Ilike it, the screen is soft, keyboard is soft and elastic, touchpad is comfortbale, it is a beautiful laptop for me

7. ratchet5000

ratchet5000 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770M / 3GB
    Asus G750 JX

Got this one off Ebay in good condition for only $900 when stores are still selling my particular model for $1500+.
    It's got a solid plate of black aluminum for a keyboard and a subwoofer that makes its sound quality better than my TV.
    I can overclock its GTX 770m and run Watch Dogs on the highest settings except for MSAA 4x.
    All in all, a great computer. I can only wonder what the models with the 780m, 870m and 880m can do.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  8. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3450
    Hp and Compaq never.
    imao I think razer PC's seem nice.

9. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Well now since this thread has been resurrected...

SAGER for laptops has exceeded my expectations. Lenovo makes some nice laptops and AiO's too, but their cooling on their gaming laptops suck. Asus/ASRock/EVGA for motherboards. Corsair/Crucial/Samsung for RAM/SSD's. Corsair/Antec/Thermaltake/Silverstone for cases. EVGA for PSU's, Western Digital for regular 7200 RPM Sata drives. Corsair, Noctua, Zalman, Arctic Silver for cooling. Logitech/Razer for peripherals. Last but not least EVGA/Asus/Sapphire/XFX for graphic cards. Those are tried and true brands that have exceeded my expectations on quality and performance. This is after more than 10 years of using products from all these brands.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. ancientrites

ancientrites Guest

GPU:
    amd
    I own Asus G73JH-RBBX05,I bought this on second hand from expat for give away 450 us dollar,its almost 2 years now,i dissembled it thrice for gpu repaste and cleaning,speaker connector got broken,mouse pad doesnt work,changed the screen once,battery not anymore,rest is fine.
    This laptop is so bad,unbelievable its still alive and i can play games like battlefield and farcry3 on medium setting.I have thermaltake gaming mouse to support.
    I am going to use this crap until it its last breath

11. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    samsung for laptops.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Hmmm that's weird, my friend has one and he never had issues with it.

He just won't sell it to me, i tried many times lol. :bang:

13. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    My first laptop was a Toshiba Qosmio Q50, the second and still being used - Lenovo Y580 :)

I would also buy a ROG laptop, they seem to be of decent quality. Their design is also appealing.

14. perseusveil

perseusveil Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280 3GB
    Lenovo, Sager
    Wouldn't particularly recommend either. The build quality on the Sager was awful, and the Lenovo would turn off the graphics cards (2 750Ms in SLI) whenever it wasn't plugged in, and I could never seem to fix that.

15. Garnet Michaels

Garnet Michaels Guest

GPU:
    128 GB
    My first laptop was Compaq then Toshiba then I upgraded to the one I'm using right now Sony Vaio.

16. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Toshiba, Acer, Fujitsu, HP/Compaq, Asus, MSI the latest and feels having the best quality.
    OK, the HP/Compag Workstation is now about 8 years old and still running daily - battery died recently.

17. cutefix

cutefix Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 970m 6gb
    My First laptop was 14 HP and it was only good for a year and it already started to have hardware problems, My second was Sony Vaio 17 inch which was good for 6 years before it failed, The third notebook was another Sony Vaio Z a 13 inch FHD,8 Gb RAM, 1GB NVIDIA DDR3, with DVR-/+RW which still running until now but alreadyhad defects.. the recent one is a Aorus x3plus v3 compact but powerful gaming notebook.

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Apple, Dell, HP, and Lenovo would be what I would buy.

Also Microsoft now. :D

19. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I just picked up an Alienware 17 R3. My first gaming laptop. I need the space in my computer room and quite want a bit of portability around the house so it is ideal.

20. JulieCMattern

JulieCMattern Guest

GPU:
    Than you for the information's.