Anyone given up smoking? And is Vaping?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Congratz for that and good luck!

Haven't taken a drop myself since April 2015.

2. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I quit smoking cold turkey a few years ago, have a vape for poker nights and joint once in a blue moon. I'd gladly however light up a cigarette again after watching that damn youtube video.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I stopped drinking on the 8/11/1993, totally tee total, and loving every minute of it. ha

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Respect! That's... 23 years of sobriety so far!

Will soon have 2 years myself, quit 20th of April in 2015.

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    None I've noticed since 8 months of vaping, more positives as in more money in my wallet, food tastes way better, feeling fitter and breathing is alot clearer, no stinky clothing and breathe, all the benefits of being a non smoker..

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yep. Not as extreme as fully quitting, but definitely a lot more clearer breathing as opposed to normal smoking.

7. CapKrunch

CapKrunch Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    if want to quit then cold turkey is the best way to go and it will make you remember why you quit in first place and never do it again like I did. Yes it is very brutal but worth it cuz it will make you quit and stay like that forever.

8. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Just to confirm - vaping is not quitting smoking. It's replacing a form of smoking with an equally toxic form of smoking.

If you really want to quit smoking, you'll just quit. No setting a date, no making plans for substitutions. Just quit.

I smoked for 10 years. And in the latter years I hated it. I used to wash my hands and brush my teeth every time I smoked. I hated the smell of ashtrays. Hated the smell off my hands and clothes. I was disgusting.

I tried patches a few times and tried cold turkey and wasn't really bothered until I went to a house party one weekend. I got ****faced. Ran out of cigs so started rolling up cigs in Rizlas from the butts in ashtrays (I was pretty ****faced). It was then that I realised how disgusted with myself I was. The next morning I was driving back home and I just grabbed the cigs, ****ed them out the window and never smoked again.

That was January 2009 and I never looked back.

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Actually vaping is not smoking and it's not equally toxic, stop spreading false information please.

10. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    It's not false information.

Smoking is bad for you.

Vaping is bad for you.

Don't do either.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Of course they're both bad. That's not the argument. It's about whether or not vaping is less of a health concern then regular cigarettes.

And so far it's pointing in that direction. My long capacity has improved drastically when I quit smoking regular cigarettes.

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I hope my long capacity improves too. As well as my lungs. :nerd:

Anyway, this valentines I was adamant I had to quit smoking cigarettes no matter what.

I was up town with mrs and kids after school. While mrs popped into Iceland, I went to the open vape shop and got myself a sub-ohm Socialites Vortex to help me quit (which I've done easily as I've done it before using vape).

I had a brand new bottle of juice left from the last time I was doing it (Vivid's Berry Blast 18mg which I was using with a pen) and it was killing my throat. I thought I'd made a big mistake (again). OK, I drive to the garage to get some low mg stuff to make sure. This time I ended-up with mv Strawberry Fields 6mg, which was better, but, still harsh on my throat. Still no good.

I went back up town today to the same shop I got the vape from and got Sub Vapes Heizenberg 3mg 30ml bottle. This one is working exactly how I want. Much smoother and better taste without the harsh throat problem.

So, I've managed to quit smoking cigarettes again, but, I don't plan on vaping for long and if I do, I will be moving onto no nicotine asap. Day 2, I've started coughing-up the nasty stuff already so, yeah, hopefully I can quit for good this time.

The big lesson for me here is the juice is absolutely crucial and convenience store juices might not be the ones to use. 3mg is plenty for me with a sub ohm vape.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The liquid you are using is more than half of the experience for sure. The throat problem may be due to the PG/VG percentage. The more the PG, the harsher the vape. At the moment I’m enjoying 100% VG juices, Churrios and Pudding by The Milkman and love the smoothness. The liquid you are using is kind of cheap and with strange mixing - PG 57.5%, VG 27.5%, demineralised water 9.4%, flavoring 5%. Do try something different.

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's 20 pg 80 vg.

http://vapepod.uk/product/sub-vapes-heizenberg/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  15. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    NO SMOKE..

NO VAPE..

NO DRINK..

NO DRUG..

TOTALLY FREE & HEALTHY:D..rocking everyday without them all:rock:
    :beer::coffee2:

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Best way bro.

My mrs would add NO GAMBLING to that list.

Her 3 No's are;

Drink
    Smoking
    Gambling

I only smoke so got in...barely.

17. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    Why do people feel the need to sub ohm vape and blow huge clouds?
    Smoking cigarettes was never like that, doing lung inhales.

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Same. Being accustomed to smokes it feels natural that way.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Neither do I.

I'm still using my Aspire Nautilus Mini.

I'm just using them as a replacement for cigarettes and slowly tone the nicotine levels down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.