Drinking Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dk_lightning, Dec 11, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that would be whisky. sorry if I come across anal, it just really irks me if people call whisky whiskey :nerd:

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The bad thing about jäger is when you vomit after drinking it even if it was only one shot everything you throw up is black and that's disturbing.

@ Airbud Crown is the sweet nectar of life but have you tried the Crown XR it is the best Canadian Whiskey I have ever let past my lips.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I think Americans and Irish call it whiskey

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    one of those things like color or colour.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, but he was talking about single malt scotch :p

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not quite the same. only scotch is called whisky. everything else whiskey. so it's not just a different spelling, it's also a different drink.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nope but I don't really care end of the day it ends up as piss no matter how good it is.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hehe, so true sometimes

9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Yes!...Goooood stuff!

[​IMG]

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Anything I can get my hands on and is cheap!

But right now, I am drinking this.

[​IMG]

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    £110 a bottle... no. might actually give the regular crown royal a go, can't go wrong at £26. I'm expecting an easy drinking bottle of goodness, right?

12. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Whiskey... I kind of started to like it, but somehow after I had enough of vodka I also disliked whiskey. I've even tasted blue label and stuff, and I still don't like the taste, I really don't like the taste of any high proof beverages, what's wrong with me :(
    I can force anything down mi throat but, that's just if I want to get drunk lol.

13. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ooooooh, whiskey. I prefer Scotch whiskey and Kentucky Bourbon the best. Those are my favorites when it comes to spirits, but my true love is good craft beer.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That's the first I've heard of it. I've always just called scotch, scotch. But you learn something new every day.

15. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    I somehow agree with you; I have tried blue label and while it was definitely smoother then a cheaper bottle it didn't really taste good. The only spirit I actually might enjoy the taste has to be bourbon, it's got that nice sweet taste.

16. tktk104

tktk104 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 Ti-DC2O-2GD5
    Not really much of a drinker here, but I've always loved a glass of Asti Spumate on Christmas Eve. :)

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Blue label is a bit rubbish lol.

Any Whisky or Whiskey advertised with Lemon.......

Tried a vatted malt yet?

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nope. But they sound tempting :)

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Cider, but none of that Strongbow or Bulmers crap. Proper apple cider, non-fizzy! We have 2 great cider places in Bristol. Old Bristolian is 8.5% and they only sell it as half pint!

I like a good pint of beer, not lager. Always get excited if bars do Hoegaarden or Erdinger. German beer is good!

I wont say no to a good Russian or Polish vodka! Has to be cold tho, add a little bit of cranberry's juice and im good to go :) Also i like rum, if you ever get a chance try "Sailor Jerry" rum! That would be my favorite drink!

20. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm a huge beer nerd and my life mission is to taste as many types and makes of beer as possible. I mostly drink craft brews from micro/craft breweries from all over the world but I wouldn't consider myself a snob as such. I am still able to enjoy a simple macro lager but I don't very often buy them myself. The key is staying open minded. There's good beer to be had everywhere in the world in any style!

Other than that I'm also into malt whiskeys. Single malts from the island of Islay are my general favs here. Lots of peat and lots of smoke!

Being Norwegian is also enjoy cognac (I read somewhere we're the most cognac consuming country in the world per capita), and a particular favourite here is Braastad XO Superior. Holy moly!

I guess the truth is that I will drink pretty much anything. The only thing I can think of that will not touch my lips ever again is sambuca. Sweet spirits in general are not my thing at all.