Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Adding a 650S is what I'm considering. Going to test out a Huracan today.

2. ROTOR

ROTOR Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    It is a Spanish car maker, owner by wolkswagen 1986, it is basically a GOLF.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Ahh, time to roll big I see. Keep in mind that the McLarens are great but don't hold their value as well as the Huracan and the 488. The 488 is the king of this price bracket when it comes to holding value, and that biturbo V8 is really well liked. The Huracan is a monster though, and it's rather inexpensive to bump the power up to the 900 range and create a wonderful final resting place for yourself ;)

It's interesting though that the Huracan is the most produced Lamborghini because of how well it's selling. May really hurt resale down the road, who knows.

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    488 is way out of budget. 458 is a slug compared to these two. It's coming down to 650S vs. Huracan. Wife likes the Huracan more, I like the 650S more after driving the two in short. The 650S prices have come down and are on the further end of the depreciation curve.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Ahh. I think the 458 is ugly anyway. The 650S is definitely the best looking out of the two, I would personally go with that

6. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I've been living in Tokyo for the last year, The Saab and Panda have been in storage in the UK, so this has been the weapon of choice.

[​IMG]
    post image

H Plus Son Archetypes with a Hope RS4 on the back, and a SON dynamo / light up front. Gooooood times.

Edit: Note - that photo is not Tokyo.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    this I think is a worthy bump...bought a dream car of mine today...

2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus!!! :banana:

[​IMG]

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Nice man! Those things sound glorious. I remember watching the motor trend hot lap of that thing a few times just because it sounds so nice.

9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Scoter - Nice Vett, spend a lot of time reading up on cars from out of Europe these days and youtube vids.

nOs - wow nice car and colour, cant beat a V10 and 8,500 rpm right :D

Ive put a deposit down on a Cayman 718 earlier on this year but the wait has been killing me, should be here in September im hoping.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Awesome. Someone who lives here has a black one that I've seen a few times. He isn't shy with that accelerator pedal, that's for sure. That V10 sounds great.

Funny how you were considering completely different cars last month :)

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I was testing them all out...

This, McLaren 570S, 650S, and Lamborghini Huracan. Long story short this is a more luxurious Huracan for less cash and better ride quality. If we want a rough ride we take out the GT-R. The McLaren we did not like the 570S but I really did enjoy the 650S. At the end of the day we didn't want a risky purchase. The McLaren reliability in some cases was questionable at best. In addition, the resale market is in total disarray with them and didn't want to be out a lot of cash with a potential unreliable car.

Drove the R8 and heard the exhaust note it was everything of the Huracan without it's negatives for us. If you go to a car meet or drive around everyone with exotics has either a Ferrari or the Lamborghini. This is a bit less seen in our area. The rest is history. :)

12. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Love the 570S but ive read of some reliability issues also, im more a Ferrari guy myself but then they cost the earth compared.

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Decided to take the R8 for a drive yesterday and take some video...

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sweet video dude, and congrats! Looks like an amazing car indeed and must be a total joy to drive.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    More like ripping around town, lmao. Glad you're enjoying her. It's crazy how fast and precise those shifts are.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    DSG no doubt. Does it fart when you shift giving it the beans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVWwGt2wJg

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just want to put something out there for everyone.

Be mindful of motorcycles.

Be mindful of bikes.

Be mindful of cars.

Be mindful of trucks.

Be mindful of public safety.

Just be mindful of everyone on the road.

I've seen good and bad operators in all these categories. I've seen accidents caused by all of these categories as well.

We lost a good friend yesterday in Toledo, he was on his motorcycle and a drunk guy in a truck turned in front of him and he couldn't stop in time.

Don't drive drunk, don't drive exhausted, pay attention to others on the road, do not drive offensively, just share the road with everyone else like you're suppose to.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    As much as I agree, I tend to lean the other way. There will always be people who are terrible drivers and make disgustingly bad decisions. Every time you ride a motorcycle, you put yourself at risk to run into one of these people. It's just how it is. You don't have any protection on a bike. I personally always drive to the highest standards, but I know most people don't.

Rest in peace to your friend, and ride safe my friend.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah I mean that being said, definitely of course be on the look out for motorcycles. We risk going out on a motorcycle every time we ride. This is why I tell other folks I ride with, even when they make fun of me wearing all my gear(Jacket, armor, gloves, helmet, padded pants, canvas shoes) in say near 100 degree heat yeah it gets pretty procreating hot lmao. But can't put a price on your protection. Plus when I'm going my gear has pretty good airflow. And I try not to speed on the main roads or busy intersections or when it's rush hour on the highway, but we get our bikes up there sometimes out in the boonies lol.

The kid that just died on Laskey is my buddy I was talking about.

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    For sure, I'm always watching out for them. I don't blame you for always wearing your full gear, it can turn a potential trip to the ER into a situation where you walk away. And I did hear about him, really sad. I think I was out on the road when it happened.