Newegg has 3770k

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by fr33k, Apr 29, 2012.

1. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That's not for certain. Even when DDR3 rose, Intel still stuck with DDR2 until prices dropped to acceptable levels. I believe Intel will only require DDR4 with its enthusiast class CPUs and DDR3 will still be used in Haswell mainstream/performance CPUs.

It makes no sense to mandate people to buy super expensive memory just for their CPUs. Especially since mainstream users will not want to invest a lot in peripherals just to support a CPU, they won't jump at it.

It wouldn't make sense for Intel to shove it down people's throat. I don't expect DDR4 to go mainstream until 2015 the earliest.

deltatux

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i agree, but I don't see performing another platform change after IB until DDR4 is out and cheap enough to buy.

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    No, not at all, it makes no sense as you get barely any performance increase for the cost. Stick with what you've got.

deltatux

4. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    I think you might have a problem with the fact that an IVy Bridge processor likely couldn't do 5GHz and if it did it would be hotter then your current 2600k at 5GHz.

You would probably see about the same performance especially with games. I've heard Ivy Bridge is ~5 to ~15% faster then Sandy Bridge but you can expect an OC differential (lower).

5. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    So you think it's worth the wait? I know the performance boost in the 1090T -> 3770K is huge, but, if I can wait, wouldn't it be a good idea?

I'm not desperate to upgrade, so I don't mind waiting, but with the money I'm planing other things. Thinking on a dell U2410, a pair of good speakers and a open Headphone, upgrading to the 3770K pretty much suck my money in the process, so, unless the 3770K would be a complete game-changer in comparison to the 2600K, which it doesn't seem to, I would probably wait till early 2013/haswell.

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If you can wait, then wait for Haswell. For me, I'm in the middle of my upgrade cycle and I did promise my bro that I will give him my CPU, so that's why I had to upgrade during this summer and give him this CPU before he starts university in the fall.

That and I want new toys ... duh :p

deltatux

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i got those emails, was tempted once again to get the 3570 to replace my 920 but, i think i wait for now, a better gpu would go farther for me

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yup in your case i'd spend $300 on a vga before the cpu.

I really want to test ib on my p67 ud7 i hope i can get the unlocked multi to work.The 3570k ud5 combo i got wont see much time on air cooling till i get another mb and chip.

Btw
    i went with the 3570k because i have alot of cores on my 3930k rig so the ht was not needed.

9. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    I clearly understand you, good luck with your new rig. I just entered graduate school this summer, in March! Best wishes for your brother

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i will have it tomorrow. so excited.