samsung syncmaster 275t won't start, what to do?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by softcris, Apr 5, 2012.

1. softcris

softcris Active Member

GPU:
    XFX-HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5
    samsung syncmaster 275t won't start, I have it working fine during some years now but in 2010 Nov.I had to unplug and store it until some issues where solved (not related to the monitor anyway).Now I'm trying to use with my notebook (Acer) with ATI RADEON HD4330 latest driver and window 7 64-bits. This is the third day I tried and won't work.
    Details:
    I brought an adapter with a female DVI and a MALE VGA to connect with the notebook and all is normal to look but the display on the Samsung Sync-master 275t continues to flash the blue light in the start button and won't stable, only flashing on and out. I try to push the 'auto' button and nothing the 'source' button and displays the 'digital' label. I disconnects from the notebook and shows the blue and white label/Trade mark from Samsung flying around the display with a note saying: Check signal cable: DIGITAL
    What do I do? To fix such issue?
    thanks
    CG
    :pc1:

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    sounds like the cable or adapter is bad or incompatible?

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The monitor thinks you are using a digital input (judging by the error), you are connecting with analogue VGA.

You may need to tell the monitor to use analogue (it may be configured only for digital somehow?) or get a digital cable.

If the monitor has a DVI port, get a DVI to DVI cable.

If it has an HDMI port, get a DVI to HDMI cable.
    You may as well get a Dual DVI to DUAL DVI cable if the price isnt much different as it may come in handy if you get a 120Hz screen ever.

4. softcris

softcris Active Member

GPU:
    XFX-HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5
    Ok, I guess the adapter ( female DVI to connects to Male VGA, is new) so maybe the problem is the digital monitor to the analog's notebook stuff.
    So I'll try to black out the notebook monitor and we'll see.
    Case does not works, I'll be back for new options.
    Thanks