For guys who are recommending Intel for gaming...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by naike, Jan 11, 2013.

1. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
  2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    AMD power usage is too high.

3. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    May be, but my point is the fanboyism going on all around..
    People recommending intel straight out saying "it is better" for people who don't know much about computers.

4. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Thanks for the video.

edit: it's funny that all of the sources or at least the major part shows that Intel is the best cpu and after this video i'm still kinda confused how the 8350 is better than the 3570k...

The problem about overclocking the AMD cpu is that the power consumption will blow you off. lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Now too sure about this one his intel numbers are all lower than any of Hilbert's with the same GPU it seems fishy. BTW Hilbert is using 1920x1200 and his numbers are still higher.

6. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I'm not really saying any of them is "better" as it's just so subjective, but I find his findings pretty interesting, especially since all reviews tend to only benchmark 1-2 games and usually games where intel has the edge.
    Reality is, amd cpus aren't that bad for their money, well that was clear already but they are pretty close to intel in terms of performance.

I thought it was interesting.

He is using all 100% highest settings, maybe that is why.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The way he tested the games is all on the GPU and the cpu kinda takes a back seat he should have turned the res and IQ down and let the cpu max out funny how the cpu hog game Crysis2 favors intel. Now don't get me wrong I have no affinity to AMD or intel I have and still own both but the fact that this guy is basically saying every other reviewer out there is lying and only he is right kinda bugs me.

8. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    That's a real world scenario, or do you play at low resolutions and bad IQ settings?
    Personally, I only consider the benchmarks that have real world appliance to me.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    True but I wonder how much having a "Scorpio" rig helped out his numbers wonder how it would have gone had he used a 660ti and ran all the same tests.

10. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Scorpio rig?
    Anyway, it's impossible to give a straight out yes/no answer to these kind of things with the huge amount of hardware available.
    But at least someone building around a 7870 knows that Intel might not be the best choice price wise.

I'm more annoyed because people just blindly recommend Intel processors without knowing **** about them. Do your research and take it with a grain of salt, like you should take this one!

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That's what AMD calls a FX cpu, 990fx chipset, and 7xxx GPU based computer. They claim its the best setup and they may be right.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It is better, as long as you can afford it.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    There is no cure for fanboyism.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    There are many other more reputable sites (who is teksyndicate.com?) showing a clear trend of Intel significantly ahead of AMD in gaming benchmarks, incl the fx8350. Why should this site be any more credible than Anantech, Techreport, Guru3d, Xbitlabs, and the many others who show otherwise?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/5

http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/5

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_fx_8350_processor_review,18.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/fx-8350-8320-6300-4300_6.html#sect0

Seriously dude.. :3eyes:

15. ibitato

ibitato Guest

this
    it's better what fits your needs and budget
    Nothing else, nothing more.
    Im talking about GAMING, not benching or anything else
    Same goes for GPUs.
    Best bang for the buk and be happy in either camp

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hard to know how to take this, something about the video and him personally just seems abit off.

Metro 2033 being 70% faster on a 8350 compared to a 3570 seems very far fetched to me, i have heard that the GPU PhysX in multi-threaded and HT was disabled, but since the PhysX in that game has little performance hit, that also doesn't make sense.

Not that i need a CPU as i'm happy with mine, but it would be nice if he was telling the truth, the fact he tried to convince you of his own "shock" does come across as fake though.

17. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Well unlike most people I always look at reviews and benchmarks skeptically, with the amount of BS even reputable sites are writing these days everyone should.
    For me this dude is just as credible as Hilbert or someone else for that matter.
    Everyone should make their own opinion, but most people it seems, just fly over or read the title of reviews and then go on. And sure if the title is "Intel beats AMD" you can imagine the outcome.
    Intel does beat AMD, no doubt, but that's not the full story, that is my point.

Looks guys, I don't just mean this video, be it false or not. Even looking at "credible" sites like Anandtech or similar, AMD still beats Intel in budget builds.
    And it's not just the CPU, like he said a similarly priced Intel board doesn't have as many features as the AMD counterparts, plus Intel is changing sockets now anyway making 1155 obsolete for future proofing.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how people can recommend Intel cpus especially for budget gaming, when even if comparing the benchmark where amd performs worst against Intel, it still offers more performance:price.
    90% of the build topics I see around forums, people just go with 3570k or something, even for a small budget like 600€, I mean cmon?
    What is it, Intel is not magic, sure their top CPU kicks amds top CPU to outer space no doubt about that, but for budget and mid range gaming? No.

I guess I was just trying to bring that up to you.
    Maybe this video wasn't the perfect example but whatever, make your own opinion, go to Anandtech or whatever, do some math and think.
    Seriously, I hope "you guys" (Intel recommending people) do this and see for yourself.
    Why, should I pay more for a CPU, that only performs on average a few % better?

What's better, save 100€ and lose a few fps, and buy a better GPU and gain a lot of fps?

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You won't gain a single fps in games like flying sims and CPU hogs/ CPU unoptimized games.

Going with AMD CPU is a gamble, simple as that.
    It will get the job done in like 90% of cases, but when your next favorite game gets out, unlike with Intel, you can't be 100% at ease.
    So it's not about Intel's marketing or bias. People are not that dumb and rich, and if the reality was what OP suggests, you'd see much more FX's in people sigs.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Not buying into the thread topic. I go where the performance is for gaming, if amd was better than Intel. I would have an amd chip. Like in years past up to socket 939 I had mostly amd systems.

20. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Yeah, you won't gain any fps in games where amd performs badly, but then again, in the vast majority of games you would gain fps, so I still don't see the point.

But you are right, if you plan on building a rig for a specific game you play, you might want to choose intel over amd.
    For general gaming however, amd in my opinion.
    And I really don't see how an AMD cpu is a gamble.

I also buy what gives me the best price considering its performance.
    And I also agree with you guys that Intel is a better choice, but only if you can afford it.
    Really see no point in buying an Intel with 600-800€.
    Go past that and amd has little to offer.