Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Feb 13, 2017.

1. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Except the creator of CRU says its not a bug in his software. The drivers aren't using the EDID overrides properly. Coincidence considering they added a custom resolution option in relive? Seems exactly like how they changed some of how overclocking works too.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    What is CRU?

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Custom Resolution Utility

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
  6. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 Guest

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMIN
    Just asking for a query, is anyone running perfectly fine on 17.2.1 and using HWInfo + Riva to see OSD ?

Got my 480 yesterday and fresh installed to 17.2.1 and in Division and Heaven/Valley Benchmarks (and in game Division) I get the White scree freeze/system hang, requiring a hard reset.
    Are the 17.2.1 drivers as buggy as I'm reading or is it some OSD issue, would like a consensus why I test it.
    Is there a driver recommendation I should rollback to while AMD (if buggy driver release) fixes this.

7. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    @HyeVltg3, using that combo here (17.2.1, HWInfo64 5.44 and RTSS 6.6.0) no such issues with OSD. Both GTA5 and Need for Speed.

- edit -
    Tried Heaven benchmark, all good too.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  8. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    I've tried out Grim Dawn with "whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1-feb28".

No problem here.

9. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    They did not yet fix flickering grass in ESO. I was hoping that that but seems nope. Back to older driver.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Of course its his software thats the problem.

The drivers do what they were designed to do.

Just because his software doesnt work, doesnt make it AMDs problem.

Hes trying to do something that isnt supported.

That doesnt make it a bug.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017

11. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    LOL. Ok, you blame him. But you're wrong. It's not like they didn't have a release that magically caused overclocking problems for people just a couple revisions back too.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  12. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    AMD changed something in their OC API which interferes with 3rd party tool communication/functionality.
    Maybe AMD doesn't want certain functionality to be controllable by external tools anymore. Who knows.
    Maybe they're in the progress of renewing the API and it's a step by step thing.
    Who knows.

You won't be able to do much about it until you're sure about if it's intentionally been changed or if it is something that happened by mistake/inaccurate work.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    im not blaming CRU (or AB), im just saying it isnt AMDs fault if functionality breaks for 3rd party programs. It isnt their job to make sure other peoples programs work.

14. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    The Mac is bac (sic!)

15. Wolf2079

Wolf2079 Member

GPU:
    NITRO RX 580 8 GB
    With these drivers 17.2.1 whql I did not experience the error of the UVD status since I installed them three days ago, that's very good ...

16. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Interesting, in a few weeks when I'll be back to the PC with a 7870 I'll try them.

17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Call it what you wan't but to some it is a bug.
    When you just flip gpu scaling on and off it fixes the EDID overrides.
    That is a BUG!

When AMD does not have 21:9 VSR and their custom resolution in Relive is pathetic POS.

If it was not for CRU, I could not do 80hz on my 21:9 nor 3440x1440 and 3840x1600.

18. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    The 22nd WHQL still has the UVD bug and I am pretty sure the only thing they changed in the 28th one is fixing the digital signature issue, so the latter should also have the bug (I couldn't be bothered installing it).

Somebody pointed out that if you use AMD's own custom resolution, the setting are correctly applied after reboot without needing to flip the GPU scaling switch. I can confirm this is true. I have, for now, switched from CRU to AMD's tool for OCing my monitor by copy/pasting my settings from CRU and everything seems to work in the exact same manner as they did with CRU. Though it seems I have to keep GPU scaling off at all times for the custom resolutions to show up.

There is no denying the fact that CRU is much more intelligent and advanced than AMD's tool but AMD's tool seems to work with less hassle right now.

19. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Ok, so after 4 days of testing the 17.2.1 WHQL release of the drivers I can say that they are better then 17.2.1 Beta and not only bring the certification but also some minor-bug fixes.
    WHQL Relase solve my random black screen blinking display.:thumbup:

20. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    This drivers give me weird issues on some of the Gun-Models in Doom (2016).

Happens ONLY on Snapmap
    Happens ONLY when using Vulkan Api (don't know if only on Ultra)
    Only sometimes and ONLY SOME of the Gun-Models are "corrupted" for example the heavy machine gun.

To reprouduce it: Play the Snapmap Caviar (3rd of the featured maps) and select the "Heavy Assault Rifle" (should be key 4 i think).

Example of Gun Corruption:
    [​IMG]