TheWorse v1.0 with Configurable Options

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by cmh175, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Damazig

Damazig Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    And the car Eugene keeps falling through the world, cant do the missions, he is a must to finish them. I have no problem like you said of a blue tint using Theworse mod, and I do like trully dark areas when there is no light.

Can you help pointing me out to where I should remove the cameracontext.lib from? wich folder? thanks

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Fixed blue tint and camera issue controlling rc car. Link updated.

3. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    cameracontext.lib is located in
    generated/databases/generic

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The mod has been updated to correct these issues. The blue tint and camera issue with the rc car are fixed. Just download and install like normal.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

5. Damazig

Damazig Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    Awsome mate! thank you very much for your work!

6. Damazig

Damazig Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    Well, spoke too soon, don't know what I did wrong, I downloaded your new links, installed, and the Eugene car problem is still there. So I removed the cameracontext.lib located in
    generated/databases/generic and re-used the installer mod, and still, the car cam is below the world.

Don't know what it is I am doing wrong. Any thoughts?

7. Connormacleod

Connormacleod Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780
    Hi there. Thanks for all you hard work regarding Your MOD configurator.
    I have a question and a small request.. It seems that You have removed the Bloom and Fog options in the latest 9/26 update? I then took it from an earlier version you made for merging, and I got the "blue tint" problem. Could I request the latest MOD configurator from before 9/26 update? Can't find it anywhere, and the mentioned Bloom/Fog option was grabbed from one of your earliest versions. Regards & Respect ;o)

8. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Sure thing I'd be happy to explain. I removed the bloom and fog options to remove the unused options that mostly caused problems. High bloom and fog caused about 90% of troubleshooting issues people posted. I removed them for a more stable release with settings that were guaranteed to work. I decided the default settings weren't worth keeping either because that defeats the purpose of a mod to begin with right lol? The used settings are the low bloom and fog, which I guess would be better described as Medium actually, right in between default and high.

The mods were merged because with the new UBI patch TheWorse mod had a blue tint to the screen. To fix it I would have just used the colorgrading from my mod, basically making them both the exact same, so instead I just merged the packs. You are welcome to use the older packs before the recent update, but you'll have to switch Uplay to play offline. Otherwise it'll keep forcing you to redownload the recent update, and it also wont work with the Bad Blood dlc. I kept everything that works and people like so you aren't missing out on anything.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  9. Connormacleod

Connormacleod Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780
    Cool then, it wasn't my eyes deceiving me when I couldn't see the Bloom & Fog files, he he.. Anyway your statement makes sense, and I guess only thing that differs from your default concerning those options was my use of High Fog..

On the my little request dingy, problem is that I can't find a working link to that
    version (Your configurator files from just before 9/26 update that is). If it even exist anymore?

Again thanks for your reply :)

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol that's the first I've heard of someone preferring the high fog. It was the biggest complaint when TheWorse mod 1.0 originally released. I can add them back in but I'll need to patch the colorgrading first. I'll try to have that done tomorrow.

11. Connormacleod

Connormacleod Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780
    Yeah, I've heard that one before :) ... Guess I like the somewhat moody and dense atmosphere it makes. So I guess if you wouldn't mind looking into it, I'd be happy..

Oh and btw, for me it was the different cameras and intensive use of dof that made me look for something to tweak on TheWorse.

12. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    To make youre mod make use low_medium_much fog.

try to use a install option with an windy_city_game.xml

Example
    search this lines of the weather presets
    and change the envfogsettingsFog="*******"

nearly nothing / low Fog = the values "1865567337"
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/12279/
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/10261/
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/10240/

medium ="2250582634" and "3237447176"
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/12281/
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/11997/

much = "38547269"
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/10241/
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/10447/

ultra much = "3646867898"
    (vid of ultra fog, its morning 7.30 in game ;-)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxALbeBV2l9ZF9GVkFNUkxxbDQ/edit?usp=sharing)

- hope this helps. Because you mustnt touch the libs:banana:
    you can change for each weather preset
    (Clear
    Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.4
    Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.6
    Clear_Rain0.1_Cloud0.09
    Clear_Rain0.5_Cloud1)
    Storm

13. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m

you can also add more weather presets, i test know and it works
    1. conceive a name maybe
    Code:
    Storm_2
    2. make a NEW LINE in the <EnvironmentSettings>
    Code:
    <EnvironmentSettings>
            <EnvironmentSettingsContainer Name="[COLOR="Red"]Storm_2[/COLOR]"" fRain="1" fCloudy="1" fLightning="4" envlightingsettingsEnvironmentLighting="2237379687" envlightingsettingsEnvironmentLightingCG="1159669135" envfogsettingsFog="3646867898" bloomsettingsBloom="2530691232" colorgradingColorGrading="4112034022" ssaoSSAO="432169124" windenvironmentsettingsWindSettings="71048652" />

and edit all the values you want , example 
    [QUOTE]frain= are the rain in intensive , 0 - no rain, 1 - heavy rain, same for fCloudy=[/QUOTE]
    3. add the weather preset (make a new line)  also to
    [CODE] <EnvironmentEvents>
          <WeatherPreset>
            <Settings>
               <WeatherSettings Name="[COLOR="Red"]Storm_2[/COLOR]" EnvironmentSettingName="[COLOR="Red"]Storm_2[/COLOR]" fThresholdValue="0.9" />
    (NOTE to get a better overview i set the new edited storm_2 under the storm preset, but the necvcessary is to create in
    <EnvironmentSettings> and <EnvironmentEvents>
    <WeatherPreset>
    <Settings> )

14. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Sorry, if it has been posted before : is the newest UBI patch comprised in the newest version of your mod, cmh 175?

15. Damazig

Damazig Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    I'm still having the RC car falling through the world problem, even with the new version you put up for download, the camera is always bugged below the map. Any ideas/help?

16. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    sorry, i wouldnt Spam but i m interesting if you had the same with this mod
    (because i hhavent play to the point wich i Can use eugene
    https://mega.co.nz/#!24cWSJ7B!Klj0m5qySovrjyND13U3iXGGSOEtNXwHwDAzdNfKDz8

17. Damazig

Damazig Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    Haven't checked out that one yet Marduk, I have only been waiting for a working version of the initial Theworse mod for Bad Blood, but so far no luck with Eugene, still bugged, haven't tested other configs or mods cause I haven't had much time, and already downloading Shadow of Mordor on Steam so its probably gonna be a few days before I return to try Bad Blood.

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I appreciate the technical posts Marduk, but the average user doesn't really read all of that. The whole point of this mod is so users don't have to. I already have high bloom and fog settings from the last pack, I just need to correct the colorgrading. By the way posting your mod on my thread is technically spamming. If you want to post about it on threads for mods that aren't being updated that's fine, but it's not necessary here.

Yup, the mod is up to date and works with the new dlc.

What camera option are you using? When I was patching the camera options to work with the rc car I forgot about the one that comes installed in the mod by default. If you had any of the camera options though it'll work fine. The preinstalled version I forgot to patch is TheWorse 1.0 if you like that one, so just add the config option for that one if you want to keep using it.

19. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    sorry for that, the Info terms fog should be get to you, because i had read you didnt have the installer for choose the fog setting, so i had thinking it was easier for you to work with an installer uses the windy_city.game.xml

next time i send pm, wouldnt say that your mod is bad, had only the attention to help.
    and if any user have bugs, why not share a mod that maybe helps to fix through the time you did.

about the technical, some users learn things, doing by their own, and it maybe could help to get less requests

PS : i remember a Post where you wrote you like it dramatically, so you shouldnt feel attacked by me

20. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The alternate bloom and fog settings have been patched to correct the blue tint issue from TheWorse mod, and I replaced the default installed camera with the patched version so it'll work with the rc car. Unless anyone reports something new it looks like a steady update now. I'm zipping and uploading the new download now.