GeForce Experience 1.8.2 Adds Advanced Controls For ShadowPlay Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-experience-1-8-2-released

2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    This is so nice and a BIG thanks to NVIDIA for listening to all the good suggestions about ShadowPlay.

3. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    This! It's surprising to see such a big company take feedback onboard, especially when it's just what users would like and not a bug or something broken.

4. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    i luv it, am already streaming to twitch and loving it, but still ATL+TAB makes the recording stop. Also there is no "remember my password" option in twitch sign in

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Ohh nice!! I was hoping they'd add in a framerate option... usually upload stuff to Youtube which just converts everything to 30fps anyway.

I'm sure I'll get better performance in games too if it's only trying to capture 30fps vs 60fps.

6. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    I couldn't care less about ShadowPlay, but I hope they introduce some improvements to the Optimal Playable Settings.

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I wish they would come out with their own video converter using NVENC to be honest.

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This is wrong information. Halving the bit rate will drastically reduce quality. A halving of the frame rate should go together with a 15-20% reduction of the bit rate. In other words, if you double the frame rate, you only need 20% more bit rate to keep the same quality, you don't need 100% more bit rate, since with more frames per second, there are way less differences between frames to encode, and the needed increase of bits per second to account for the new frames is relatively low.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  9. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Nice I just wish Nvidia would fix the rest of the problems with Surround and then move on to adding other things. Have had my i5/Nvidia build since last January and in that time they have not improved on there Surround at all it just seems like they do not really care about finishing what they start. I really see the same thing will happen to Shadow Play they will bring it so far and never finish it. To me that seems to be the Nvidia way!

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It would be nice if it would work in windowed/borderless mode.

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    What's wrong with Surround? It works fine whenever i've used it.

Have you tried this...
    1. Uninstall ALL nVidia drivers
    2. Reboot
    3. Run Driver Sweeper and remove any residual nVidia stuff.
    4. Reboot
    5. Run CCleaner and run the regular cleaner, followed by the registry cleaner
    6. Reboot
    7. Run windows disk cleanup as well as the included remove system restore/shadow copies option. I also manually delete any nVidia folder found on C:\, C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Program Data, and C:\Users\"UserName"\Appdata\(inside both Local and Roaming folders)
    8. Reboot
    9. Reinstall nVidia drivers, choosing the "clean install" method.

The vast majority of display driver problems are due to not completely removing old drivers and associated files first. Simply selecting the "Clean Installation" option does not completely remove these files. Remember to reboot between steps because windows needs to unload various files from it's cache, as to allow proper deletion.