Hybrid PhysX with 6950CF + GT520 @ PCI-E 1x!

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by CLass, Feb 15, 2012.

1. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    well, as i stated i have HD3D Games (DiRT3, BF3, Two Worlds II, Deus-EXHR)
    but i sold my CF Cards anyway and im waiting for my new 7950 OC, maybe i will buy another PhysX card then and we will see =) and of course HD3D is more important to than physX, i would play only 2 physX games (batman, alice) but i play every HD3D game!

2. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    great news! now that i have the 7950 is have a free slot so i ordered the Geforce GTS450 as a PhysX card! :D Got it really cheap from a friend for....45€!!! it has 1GB and nice specs, im excited! i will post results soon with my new setup =)

3. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    GTS450 should make a great PhysX card, especially at that price.

4. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    the best physx card ive ever owned! now i get rockstable 60FPS in Batman Arkham City with absolute everything maxed, DX11, 8xMsaa, PhysX High, vsync:

Min 23
    Max 61
    Avg 59

:banana:

79% Max GTS450 Usage!

If wanted i can make detailed benchmarks, i own every physx game i think, so just tell me! :D

5. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Hehe, not really hard to own them all. :nerd: I also got almost all of them. I don't have Alice 2 (yet). But i've got rid of my GT520 as well. I've finished almost all Physx games i've got and the latest NV drivers are getting more and more difficult in running hybrid systems. I started getting randon NV***bla bla.dll BSOD's with the latest batch of drivers and i decided to get rid of it.

Are there any Physx games planned for this year? Last year we only had Batman AC and Alice 2.

The GT450 is good card indeed. It is also a good card in itself. Enjoy your new beauty.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    id like to see cryostasis :)

7. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    hehe

yea i admit, its easy to own all physx games :)
    what i have read, Borderlands 2, Mars, Metro Last Light and Aliens Colonial Marines will feature Hardware PhysX ! So yea at least some AAA titles!

Regarding Cryostasis: hahahah! That game drives me nuts man.. i never ran that game lag free in my life still not today, the Benchmark runs perfect, the game itself laggs like always, bad programming id say, its playable but feels like 25fps sometimes! lol!

And i never had any PhysX related BSOD, im using 295.73 Drivers + 9.11.062 PhysX SS and runs perfect...

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Perhaps when the time comes i will put back that GT520 or perhaps i will get a GT620 if that ever arrives. I'm really looking @ power consumption since the card will just draw power for nothing most of the time. The 520 is really power saving, just 25W on max.

Cryostasis, wasn't that game with the annoying dreams where you have to follow some dogs? Really hated it. Good for testing Physx.

9. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    Yes Cryostasis is that game! I really enjoy it, its deep and has a good story + atmosphere, you just need to get into it!

10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I have put back that GT520. The max 25W it is consuming in my case isn't really a problem and i just love the Physx maps in UT3 (especially Tornado). The only thing that bogs my mind is that AFAIK hybrid setups won't work with Win 8, for now. The few times i've tried, i couldn't get the 2 drivers to install. I really hope hybrids will still be possible in the future.

Btw, about the GT620? I won't be bothering with that, since it's a rebrand of the 520. The only interesting card would be the GT640.

Perhaps i will give Cryostasis a go again, if Guild Wars would let me. ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

11. afx01

afx01 Member

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 OC 2GB/256bit
    I want a GT520 pci-e x1 so badly but can't find one in my country. Can't order it from US, the shipping price + gpu price is 100+ USD :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited: May 22, 2012