First NVIDIA Maxwell GPU-Based Graphics Card is the GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    We'll at least get to see how efficient Maxwell is....

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Supposed to be on the 28nm as well, the 20nm won't be used until the big guns.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I think they are doing that because they want to keep selling high end keplers for the time being without giving them massive pricecuts that might happen if the release higher end maxwells

5. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    or they are just waiting for the 20nm to become available commercially for them

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I guess the mid and high end cards will start to come out this summer, maybe later for super high end. I just want to see a card that is above 780Ti in terms of horsepower but with more vram and I'm sold. Also, I'll have more time to save up for a couple when they come out. :)

7. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Or both.

Personally my wallet is still butthurt :banana: from the 780ti purchase, so i would like the high-enders to come a bit later else my wallet just wont survive...

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I want them to come later too as I want them to work properly and not have the odd growing pains that 28nm had.

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Top end Kepler from GTX 770 to 780ti are the best cards u can buy, there is zero reason for nvidia to pumo GM110 even if they want to.

10. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    They need to always be releasing bigger and better cards. It's always been that way. I'm over Kepler. Bring out the 880 already. Once mantle comes out AMD is going to beat up nvidia leaving them with black eyes and a fat lip. Enough fluff nvidia. Bring out the line up so I can pull the trigger and see what maxwells all about! :)

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    nvidia will respond to mantle if it turns out any good, i sure nvidia don't sit and watch the same old movie. there is no need for nvidia to hurry up for big Maxwell, ye i do wanna see it NOW but there is just no need. later on

12. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Nvidia have been doing low level API stuff for years and years, I just don't see how Mantle will be a game changer.. the consoles wont use it and why would they use it on PC where most people have Nvidia cards?

13. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Only interested in the 20nm big guns :)

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    +1 :evil:

15. tugCREW

tugCREW Member

GPU:
    zotac gtx 480 1.5gb SLI
    waiting for the high end

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Ill wait for the gm100 too 20nm, but I am going to get a couple gk110 for now

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  17. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Waiting for the GTX 860/860 Ti :3

18. exodus1337

exodus1337 Member

The idea behind mantle is cool.. writing directly to the gpu.. but nvidia has gsync and rids gamers of page tearing.. nvidia could bomb maxwell (like thats gonna happen lmao) and still **** all over amd... gtx 880 could get 25 fps in all games and still run smooth with out input lag and page teareing when using gsync. Unless they make gsync available to amd its pointless to buy amd cards... its all about experience and what we view while we are gaming... if you dont buy a gsync monitor your experience is gonna be so much worse.. 60hz is garbage and 144hz still has some tearing, the answer is gsync all the way...

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Because Mantle is what the devs want....and it's not proprietary. NVidia will be able to use Mantle as well, if they decide to support it.

The consoles are AMD based....which means all the console ports will initially be optimized for AMD's GCN. Would be stupid of game developers to optimize for GCN on the consoles, then dump those optimizations for the PC ports. Consoles don't need Mantle since they can be coded "direct to metal" where needed.... Mantle is only a "close to metal" API.

20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    What is it and where?