Nvidia the ongoing Stutter / lag issue thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 11, 2009.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Maybe its just a bad batch of the 260 cores. Is this is with the original 260's or the 216 core versions? Also you might find that these stutters only come from certain 3rd party board makers. My experience with Sapphire, BFG, Powercolor, and now POV have all been great. However, I know a lot of people having trouble with MSI, and Club3d cards in particular.

2. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Perhaps but the just one game? :3eyes: , 216 core version here Palit :)

3. xaudiox

xaudiox Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuff OC
    Only a GTX 280 was tested as thats all he had, GPU usage was normal with the new drivers and i am hoping the stuttering is fixed as well.

This issue is completely random, I know people with GTX4xx cards who dont have any issues, same goes for GTX2xx users.
    Also its not just BC2 with the issues as I have the same with Crysis + Far Cry 2

There is definatly a problem for some users and Nvidia have responded, we will just have to wait untill the drivers are up.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    259.47 fixed a lag issue in Singularity, i had some micro pauses every 10sec (fps jumped from 121 to 117 and back to 121fps), well not anymore :)

5. Nattramn

Nattramn New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX
    Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum.
    I've been getting the "microstutter" for about 8/9 months.
    My videocard is an eVga 9800GTX. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x86. 2GB of Ram. 450W PSU.
    I bought this card among with the powersupply almost 1 year ago, at first it never gave me trouble, but then after 3/4 months it started to lag horribly. Not only in-game, I have microstutter in movies, youtube, etc...
    The picture stops every 0.5 seconds and then continues very quickly, but I get high fps, like 80 in Mw2, 200+ in UT, 50+ in Dead Rising 2. And when i'm benchmarking or with something to show my fps in-game, they're stable, nothing goes crazy from 80 to 10, it stays normal.
    But here is something interesting, 1 week ago I uninstalled my drivers (newest ones) and installed the 186.08, nothing happened, the microstutter was still there. Then I uninstalled 186.08 and forgot to reboot the PC. I was going into youtube and suddenly the videos didn't lag and were playing smooth, I couldn't try games because I had no driver, but when I thought the problem was solved, I installed another driver and then the microstutter is here again...
    I've heard my PSU could be the problem, since 9800gtx's minimal psu required is 450W, but when you see what happened with the drivers, that could be the problem too.
    Please help me guys. Thanks.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

well yea i think you heard it right its psu that's crapping out, when you watched youtube it was cpu that did the work so that's why it didnt stutter. You could try and reinstall latest flash player for both ie and firefox if you're using firefox and check again with installed driver, if its still there try and disable hardware acceleration inside flash player, if that doesn't help then i blame the psu too..

and to add to my post above with Singularity; it wasnt the driver but firewall, i had it blocked and that caused those 10 sec pauses, lol i fool:stewpid: :D

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    LOST PLANET 2 WITH DVI CABLE GTX 260 TO DVI OKITEC v1905
    very sturter like i overclock my my card to 1ghz :) but its not
    also i have dvi problem:nerd:

8. Nattramn

Nattramn New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX
    Today I asked some guys that work in the place I bought my PC, they told me that the motherboard could be a problem, so I should bring the PC there and they will tell me what's the problem.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ok let us know how it works out :nerd:

10. Nattramn

Nattramn New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX
    Wow !! I can't believe it but it seemed to be a cooling problem.
    I bought one of those basic case coolers and put it under the videocard, now it works smooth and flawless.
    Thanks for the help though, I was about to buy a new powersupply but they told me it was working well.