Forceware 162.65 WHQL display settings gone?!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by trodas, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Probably works for AMD now :banana: lol j/k

Is there not a newer driver? since the driver was released in 2007 and Windows 2000 stopped support in 2010

2. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9100 250/200MHz
    dsbig -
    Great to hear that I did not making things up. However the million dollar question is - how to fix it? Becuase I did not like the icon and even if it will be there, then what if I accedentially disable it? Then all is wrong and time to restore windows from backup?!

WTF, nVidia!

Labyrinth -
    For W2k? Nope. Only 162.67, so dunno if that get fixed. Probably not. But they are presented as normal drivers, yet when downloaded, the file is: "162.67_quadro_winxp2k_english_beta.exe"

Quadro?!

So it looks to me that I have to figure out the bug and how to fix it, somehow... :(

3. angmar

angmar Guest

damn your kickin it old school brotha.

4. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    I don't think that XP and 2000 differed that much that a XP driver wouldn't work on 2000. Have you tried the latest XP driver to see if it would install?

5. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    GoldenTiger -
    Could very well be, but I'm confident that I know my machine well :) And botnet exploits usually require XP and higher. See this:

Andromeda v2 + ALL PLUGINS
    Communication between the bot and the control panel are encrypted using RC4. During the installation you do not need administrator privileges or UAC to jump. This process is protected to prevent bot can be removed from the system. Firewall Bypassea and injected into a trusted process. When properly installed, the exe will automatically be deleted. It works on systems from XP to 7, including x64. Weight is approximately 10KB file. Bypassea more proactive anti-virus.

Andromeda bot
    Description:Flexible modules bot. Based on this product, you can build a botnet with extremely diverse opportunities. (...) Works line from WinXP to Win7, including x64 systems. Small size, written entirely in assembly language.

...as you can see, we W2k folks, are off the hook :D And don't ask, where I got this info... :)

6. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    So, guys, fixed! :)

First at all, I used the Forceware 162.67 - and then I did not even touch the icon. What I did, was to end in the services the nVidia help service (from auto to manual for starting it) and then in StartupControlPannel I deleted all the nVidia added crap. On reboot, then icon was gone and the controll pannel still worked, when I click on it, then these prefs appear!

Hoooray! :)

...now why my POV 8600GT slow down to 1 frame per 10 sec after several hours of Quake 2 demo... (let's hope for just bad cooling spot, lol... caps are already exchanged on the little small cardie...)

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good that hear you find a ways to fix it. :)

For the FPS drop, it can be normal, as you are running a few hours, I don't saw many game can get the same FPS like just start the game.

8. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Well, I have to manage... :) No-one presented any vial solution, so I have to find mine.

As the FPS drop, then one frame per 10sec is somewhat brutal frame drop from like 300fps or so, what it can show in Quake 2 :)
    Also Duke Nukem 3D (eDuke32 port) does crash after 8 or so hours.

...and fastest is Q3 to bring this error up, so I believe that there is a overheating problem. This is not normal, this is probably just slaped the heatsink on the chip with almost no TIM or something like that. PNY 6800GT never do this when testing long time stability (eg. demos that run hours ... and repeatedly).
    Therefore I have to work on the cooling. Caps already replaced for Nichicon polymers on the old cardie :D