There will be flagship killer in 2017?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by yosef019, Apr 13, 2017.

1. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I search for phone with
    Dual front speaker
    Flat screen
    Quick charge 24w+
    Hope my wishes come true in2017

I hat axon 7 but Chinese version
    They first update to 7.1.1 but they stupid disabled fastboot
    My friend needed phone so I sell him
    Now I'm with s7

2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Your writting reminds me of mr washee washee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HE2kdj6Zc

Nah i dont think oneplus is doing a flagship killer soon and other companies dont sell such a phone, im afraid youll have to compremisse on specs, see what best. Theres no such thing as the perfect phone im afraid.

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    lazy companies htc need wakeup
    if htc wint come with something or other company zte?
    i gess i need wait another year

4. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    I'm still hoping the OnePlus 5 will have all the features I want (at an affordable price). Otherwise my only chance is the Pixel 2.

Waterproof
    Good update schedule
    Stereo speakers

OnePlus are pretty good on updates and the build etc on the phone is good but id so love a phone with stereo speakers and waterproofing. I know Google said they ran out of time for waterproofing on the original pixel so hoping they add it to the 2nd iteration.

Stereo speakers are still on the nice to have list not the must have list but good updates is still my priority. Sony are pretty terrible for updates otherwise the XZ would be a nice phone, Samsung seem to be very hit and miss on updates as do LG, HTC etc.

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I just bought the Xiaomi Mi Mix, amazing phone. However, make sure you get the 256Gb 6gb ram version!

[​IMG]

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'd love to be able to use a Xiaomi phone.... Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a very small selection of phones due to using Google's Project Fi service.... I might have to switch carriers soon. The lack of options is driving me nuts. Will be hard to match the $45USD per month I've been paying though. That covers my calling plan, data plan and financing on an N6P....lol

7. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    Xiaomi builds Samsung Galaxy and Iphone killers ... for half the price
    Sadly most people just don't know.

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    waiting to something come out axon 7 have problems with chinize firmware always fks up something
    htc is dead hopes oneplus 5 / pixel 2 samsung s8+ cureved crap use old qc2.0

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed with both of you. As for myself, it's the first ever Xiaomi phone I've owned.

After reading so many reviews I just had to go for one. it's very well optimized and super fast. Feels very close to stock android, no bloat and $hit.

Battery is amazing giving me around 7 hours screen on time. Considering it's a 6.4'' 1080p screen it is not at all bad.

The Mi Mix also has Snapdragon 821, 6gb ram and 256gb built in storage.

I paid £570 for it. Not bad considering the spec.

10. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    I was looking for the Xiaomi Note 2 first and now I ordered a OnePlus 5. I'm in China. So my prices are way lower than yours. The OnePlus 5 is on it's way and cost me 3600 RMB which is equivalent to about €475. The Mix I can get for 4000 RMB which is about €525 (460 pound).

I'm wondering if I should opt for the Mix instead. The processor is older but still fast enough and the screen is supposed to be gorgeous.. Where the OnePlus 5 has nothing special. Just a good all round phone. Are you satisfied with your Mix?

11. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  12. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    I think we can better skip buying phones, computers and routers at all then!

Doesn't only happen with Chinese hardware dude..

13. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    True, but there are a lot more low cost phones with obvious backdoors that come from China than anywhere else, considering they make tons of phones and electroics. Theyre notorious for it.

However, its not impossible to MOSTLY avoid stuff from China when building a PC, or buying electronics in general. Its just more expensive. I managed to avoid China in my current PC, except the Seasonic PSU and PCB of my motherboard(with lots of Japanese capacitors at least).

Its not just China obviously. I wouldnt trust any software made or hosted in the UK after they passed the snoopers charter. I can only think of one UK based phone manufacturer though.

Japan, Korea, USA, Taiwan and some of Europe make better electronics and computers anyway. The only reason to buy made in China is that its cheap. But you pay for it with backdoors.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yes, very satisfied with it, very snappy and a well balanced all rounder.

Almost 160,000 in Antutu Benchmark, very similar to the new S8...