Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    if it has dedicated servers, then it might be decent, if not, it'll suck, which will suck considering the fact that we need more vietnam war games

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    what you're saying is that even if the singleplayer is good, it's going to suck because if it got no dedicated servers? and that it's going to suck because we need more vietnam war games so the developers are going to make it cheap? lol

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i really dont like the rpg styled FPS as it is now. really wish it was like cod2 and older version.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yeah, every year there is new CoD which is worse than the game which came last year. Still it's going to sell millions of copies.

I did like the first one tough.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    CoD started in the last years to be just like Fifa/NFS. Like said above me, it's going to be released every year with every title beeing more crap then the one before. MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! kk.

6. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Do you really still enjoy the single player in CoD games? Each game is the same tired formula. Fight waves of endlessly spawning enemies alongside your invincible AI teammates until you pass a certain spot in the map, then fight another wave, ad infinitum. All the while you have a gruff sergeant character who barks orders at you. Without fail, there will be at least one portion where your sergeant tells you to pick up a [bazooka/pazerschreck/javelin/AT-4/whatever anti-tank weapon is appropriate for the setting] and kill a tank or group of tanks. There will also be a section where you have to plant explosives on a target designated by a transparent silhouette of explosives. Typically this target is an anti-air battery or tank. One portion of the game will deal with a British commando unit that includes an older red-haired guy with a ridiculous mutton chop beard.

I guarantee you the next call of duty will be just like this, the same crap.

7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Well to be fair it'll be SAM battery this time around and the commando unit should be French.

I think they'll at least spice it up with booby traps & pungee pits (punji) so we can all die randomly for fun. TBH they'll probably make traps flash red when you look at them though.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

if you put it this way it might sound very boring (or maybe it is i don't know), but in reality i still enjoy the COD sp a lot yes. :)

if the next cod is just like this i see nothing wrong, i had a blast playing MW and MW2, then again different people like different things (many hated them).

there are mindless shooters such as painkiller and serious sam (no story, just shoot), then ye got half-mindless such as COD (half attempt at storytelling with lots of shooting) and then ye got proper ones such as Crysis and HL2 (proper story), depending on the mood each one could come in handy.

there are times where i cannot stand games like Crysis or Stalker and prefer mindless ones, other times i'm not in the mood for frenetic games so the slower ones work better, COD fits in between and does a great job, at least for me. ;)

9. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Fantasy of Final Duty 7 :rolleyes:

10. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Vietnam has already been done & quite well tbh battlefield vietnam anyone :) .

11. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    ^ I was thinking more Eve of Destruction myself, used to play that mod, so much win :D

12. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I guess thats war...huh. :p

Yes...I just love blowing stuff up, and this is no exception.....for me the SP is alot of fun.

Game always runs great.....looks great....sound is superb and runs great out of the box.......I actually wish more games were as good.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

da man! :eyebrows:

not really, didn't have a proper SP game, battlefield like all battlefield games excelled in MP but failed miserably in SP. ;)

14. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    keep milking that cow developers

15. mcharj112

mcharj112 Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD5870
    For the Vietnam setting i think the Australian SAS aka The Jungle Ghosts would be more suitable than French special forces.

16. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    I lost interest in COD after they made it a multi player only game. 5 hour SP? That is not single player, that is a demo. When a game focuses 90% on multi player I lose interest in it. I loved COD and COD 2, the story was good and it kept me playing for a while. I never played multi player in them so I do not know how good or not that was as I am not a multi player gamer. Now I do play l4d and l4d 2, but I play it with the bots.

COD lost me a lot when I played the COD4 demo and found that they did not really improve much over any other COD game. The respawing bad guys that keep it up till you take the locations, the terrible AI( I throw a gernade and all the AI guys run over and check it out and or shoot me when I try to advance). The night vision was badly put in there as a last minute thing. I could not tell what was what with the night vision on. Just some minor gripes, but it has kept me from buying any COD since COD2.

Till they make some changes and add some single player portion, I will never again buy one.

17. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Yay an excuse to take acid!!!!!!.........purly for research purposes anyway!

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I loved World at War. It was easily the best entry in the series since the first Call of Duty.
    Treyarch actually took it in a very gritty and mature direction. And IMO they are the perfect studio to do a vietnam based FPS.

Treyarch's last entry in the CoD series was miles better than either of Infinity Ward's last two entries. It looked better, was more fun to play... and had better pacing IMO.

19. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Glad to hear this...I have this laying on my desk to be played.....e-bay find for $7........can't wait to play now.

20. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I wonder if it'll have a Jimi Hendrix soundtrack.