Check this the Radeon HD R9 290X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 25, 2013.

1. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    neat, now show some serious benchmark results and stick a ridiculously low pricetag on it AMD, will you?

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, going by the third picture down, how did that conversation start?

Hilbert: 'Wanna go out for some juice?'

AMD Rep: 'Sure! I'll bring my gfx card.'

3. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I realize that but if the 290x beats Titan and launched at 700$ it would suck for most of us. My point is we as consumers at least need to rid of this insanely high pricing of flagship GPUs that's seemingly turning our way. Next thing you know every flagship will be 600-650$. 650$ for 30% more performance over existing architecture? :puke2: 500-550 is where the line needs to be drawn IMO.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hate to break it to you, but consumers dont have power over how much something costs.

If theres enough want, then companies will and can put whatever price tag they see fit.

Everything is going up in cost, even our toys.

5. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Which goes back to needing both companies to compete well against each other to keep prices down.

It would be nice to have a third competitor come in honestly.

Hilbert just tell me this, will we be underwhelmed by this card?

6. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I have a feeling we'll be either underwhelmed by performance or overwhelmed by the price. Funny thing is that people will come out cheering if the price is $600 when last gen people were pissed when they charged $550.

7. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Getting that feeling as well. If it is faster than Titan i just felt we would've known, i felt like they would've shown that in some way. 7000 firestrike isn't impressive.. not the least. Not releasing a price but pricing all the rebrands sucked as well. Seems like they're trying to keep the hype going which makes me feel like they're delaying the inevitable...which is releasing a card 7 months after the 780/Titan that doesn't beat it.

Hopefully i'm 100% wrong.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    doesn't necessarily have to beat Titan as long as the price is right...

considering a titan is still £800 or $900+ which is fairly ludicrous in my opinion.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Consumers have quite a bit of control over pricing. If consumers showed they were unwilling to pay the high prices, NVidia wouldn't have a choice but to back down on the price. The problem is, there are too many people willing to pay the increasing prices to get the fastest cards on the market.

AMD is trying to restructure themselves. The best way to do that is to keep as much information about products and company operations OUT of the public, as much as possible, until it's actually time to introduce the products to consumers. If you let the information out early, and run into problems before launch, it can do more damage to the company. If people don't know when the product is intended to launch, there's no concern over delays and issues can be handled properly.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Agree^ they don't need/want another bulldozer.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    :cheers: That would be bad, but from the looks of the direction they are going that won't happen.

12. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    as a tadpole in a pond ....u'll grew as as a frog...then they will carry you to the great sea....and you will find your way back to the pond....

And then.....the old saying "IGNORANCE IS A BLISS"///

13. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I see, but i wouldn't compare their GPU segment of their company with their CPU. Since the 4000 series they have been doing very well, at least regarding performance.

Less Intel sits on it's hands with efficiency and mobile segments i think AMD will be behind in per-core performance for sometime, at least until excavator hits. Which by that time they could just be catching up to Ivy/Haswell.

14. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    [​IMG]

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hmm, my fav one is this,

The cat that jumps fence is the first to greener pasture.

Yes i made that up but you get idea.

God i love this forum, at least you guys understand me...

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Nonsense. Consumers have ALL the power when it comes to a products price. If people would stop buying these stupid-expensive cards the world, and my wallet would be a much happier place. I personally refuse to pay over $550 for a graphics card. And if more people took that stance, these companies would have to bring prices down.

17. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    It's the same marketing division though. They lied like crazy about bulldozer's performance and got caught. To think they wouldn't do it again is being naive.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How do you know it's the same marketing division?

19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    His 680 whispered to him.

20. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Aesthetically, it looks a bit busy for me. I like the lack of a colour scheme however.