Logitech Halts Harmony line of products

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Logitech is going sell their department for remote controls and digital video security products. Next to that it is going to stop  this year already with speakerdocks and accessories for game-console...

Logitech Halts Harmony line of products

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Owning a couple of Harmony 300's here. Loving them.

Shame they stop with this.

3. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Indeed, I've been using their remotes for a while now, currently on the Harmony One+. I literally cannot imagine controlling my home cinema setup without it. I hope the division gets picked up and the development and support continues.

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I've got five of the Harmony 300's, great remotes, if they kill it I hope they release stand alone software because atm the only way to use it is via a browser.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That, and i'm also worried if it ever breaks down : / Wouldn't know what kind of remote to get then.

Logitech equipment is so rock solid. My current G500 is over 3 years old and it still looks like it came right out of the package.

6. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    Wtf is going on these days?! I can't believe what I'm reading anymore. Everyone's either filing bankruptcy or cutting production lines / products go EOF. Time to kill myself, lol.

7. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Maybe they should have stopped making the idiotic touchscreen remotes and made more regular remotes.

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    These weren't that bad. I've bought & programmed Harmony 900 for my parents and they love profiles and channel icons that open the channel, as well as a possibility to hide the receivers.
    Still, it's kinda niche product.

9. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I like having the screen too, I just don't like the touchscreen. Having the screen with adjacent buttons was great. The problem is that with a touchscreen you can't look at what you need to press (since there is nothing tactile to go by) and also point it at the device you want to control. You should be able to use a remote without looking at it.

10. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I used to have a Harmony remote as well (500 series..I think). It was a great remote and I loved being able to control my TV, receiver, 360, air conditioner, and the lights in my house with it but in the end I settled for a DirecTV universal remote just for simplicities sake.

Still, they had some of the best remotes imo so it's sad to see them discontinued.

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Have the Harmony 650, love it.

Logitech should keep the remotes business, though I am sure someone will buy that division.

If anything it sounds like Logitech realized that their core market, PC users, have been shopping elsewhere and wish to refocus on the PC. They make great products.

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Yep, my MX518 has been working for half a decade now. Not once has it screwed up.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Economies went to ****....and Logitech charges too much for a product line that's going to have very limited sales.... Honestly, I've never seen where the price tag on Harmony remotes was even remotely justified. Maybe if they charged a reasonable price, they'd have made more money....

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Harmony 880 owner here.

What will they do with the web site used by the drivers ? If the new owner close it the drivers wont work anymore and the remote db wont be updated anymore.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  15. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    It seems it's not just the remotes that are getting the axe. Say goodbye to their headsets and well made Steering Wheels as well. Source

I wish I still had my G27. I had a solid steel frame I made myself and bolted on a bucket seat from an old Renault of mine (it had to of weighed over 130lbs..but it was durable :D) and it served me well until I sold it to a buddy of mine and his house burned down a few months later. :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

16. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Have a 1100 and it's too expensive for what it does honestly. received it as a gift so can't complain on the enjoyability of the device though.

I use it mostly because it also controls the Xbox so I don't ever have to change controllers except for games.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    You mean like this? Three Harmony 300's for £9.32 total inc shipping (£3.11 each) direct from Logitech.. Got my other two 300's for £9.99 each which I don't think is bad, but no where near the others for value. Gotta love misprices!

[​IMG]

18. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Ugh Logitech keep killing their best products! Squeezebox...now the remotes.

19. ROMA_TUROK

ROMA_TUROK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Have Harmony 300
    I don't like it at all
    delay time on several press buttons
    position of buttons not easy to use on XBMC

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    As a once hardcore fps gamer I got through quite a few Logitech mice, but, the build-quality was always excellent especially compared to MS V3 mice. Logitech would last me at least 6 months while I could get through one V3 every 2-3months.