Asus Z87 motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by -Tj-, May 4, 2013.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This just gave me a slight boner ;)

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Gave me a headache. Now I'm more unsure what the hell to do.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Flip a coin

Heads: keep what you got
    Tails: go with the Haswell

It's that simple. :thumbup:

4. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    That's exactly what I just did. I'm keeping x79. Thank you very much. It really was that easy.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Indeed, 10 should be standard on all high-end motherboards. He has the same problem I do, he can't get the full 2000 out of it, I use 182x22 so my RAM can either be set to 1820 or 2184. It isn't stable with the same low voltage if I set it to 200x20 or 191x21 to get the full 2000 or 1910 out of the RAM.

I seriously doubt I'm going to go anything aside from Gigabyte unless Asrock manages to spit out something amazing for the price like they apparently did last gen. Even if they do I'd be still hesitant, I've never had a Gigabyte board die and they always OC well. I have had Asrock boards die, but at the time it was from the batches of exploding electrolytic caps, they were owned by Asus at the time.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  6. AlwaysHope

AlwaysHope Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 OC DualX
    Nice, glad I waited couple generations for updated platform, Deluxe version will do me... now which processor?? I have another 7870 ready for crossfire, 2 x16 lanes on 3.0 standard will be nice to experience... :)

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Definitely the i7-4770k (especially if you want to keep it for another couple of years or so). Hopefully future games can make use of it.

Now that said, I very strongly recommend you and everyone get the i5. Don't get the i7 Haswell whatever you do! (he says sneakily, low demand will hopefully mean lower prices and greater availability for me :D).

8. AlwaysHope

AlwaysHope Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 OC DualX
    Yeah, depends on $ value at time of retail down in this part of the world, would like 8 thread capable CPU though for future games and unlocked multi of course! :)

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Read the Ars article,seems pretty good to me,uprading my i7 860 LGA 1156