Review - Intel 335 SSD [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article we review the Intel series 335 SSD. Intel has developed this product under codename Jaycrest and is the first SSD series that moves into 20nm Nand Flash memory production. We have lots to talk about alright. With 4K random write performance estimated at 52,000 IOPS (input/output operations per second) have a peek at the product, and it's price performance ratio's.

Review - Intel 335 SSD

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Edit: Doh, wrong news post...

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Tsssk these Nordics, it isn't even weekend but drunk already ? ;)

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

Had this pic handy, it's my ssd AS SSD score just after installing my current z77 mobo, the read is very good, write not so, it's a sata3 corsair force GT 128gb - i'm thinking about another to replace my current aux drive (32gb sata2 oCZ onyx).
    But sure the intel drives are excellent, if just a little pricey -but they do have some nice software.

5. kzinti1

kzinti1 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I'd have been using Intel SSD's exclusively, except for the prices.
    If the prices come down I will definitely be buying only Intel SSD's.
    I think the demise of OCZ (finally!) will be a boon to all brands of SSD's in general. The professional reviewers loved OCZ, the reviews of the individual buyers were completely different and soured people's trust in SSD's in general.
    Now that OCZ is finally gone, customers can trust SSD's more than ever.
    I don't need one ATM, but I'm buying an Intel 335 asap! I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be the best one I'll own. Until I buy another Intel SSD.

6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Is OCZ bankrupt or something? I've not long had a Vertex 4...

7. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I think you sir are living in la la land. OCZ is still there. And the Vertex 4 is a solid SSD with a solid controller and firmware. It's not the best option out there though since the price here is not as competitive as it used to be 1 or 2 years ago (with the Vertex 2 and 3).

I'm an owner of two OCZ SSDs. One Vertex 2 and one Vertex 3. Bough before other companies drop the price to match OCZ price in Canada. In fact i paid barely more than what is aked today for both drive (bought them on sale).

While i had problem with my OCZ Vertex 3 before the january 2013 firmware (or maybe it was february can't recall) since then it is working perfectly. I think i bought the Vertex 2 two years ago. Still working and never had any problem with it. Excellent drive.

The price of both SSD was awesome. Back then Intel SSDs were around a good 20% more expensive. While i might not put a OCZ SSD in a production server i have no trouble recommending OCZ SSD for home use if the price is right.

There's no point paying the Intel taxe for home use. Here you can get a 128MB Samsung 830 SSD for 10$ less than a 120MB Intel 330 SSD (the cheapest Intel SSD here). The choice is obvious to me. The 120GB Muskin Chronos SF-2281 is 25$ less expensive then 120GB Intel 330. On NCIX Canada Intel has no SSD in the top 10 best sellers. OCZ has 4. Samsung 2. Crucial 2. Mushkin 1. ADATA 1.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  8. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Any reason for not reviewing Samsung SSD's? I'm pretty sure the new Samsung 840 Pro is the best in the market right now...

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsung NL keeps promising to send out the SSDs .. but fail to do so. In the past 3 weeks I've contacted them like 5 times about it.

10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Definitely my next SSD when its price has settled down.
    This laptop's HDD is going to be frankenstalled on a desktop server.

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, dam Samsung! What are the Koreans so busy doing? :D

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That $25 surcharge is for Intel QC. :nerd: