Red Orchestra 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AbjectBlitz, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well, I can assure you that it certainly isn't being "finalized" :rolleyes:
    The video name is "Env & Weapon Teaser", it's supposed to help them recruit more developers to work on it.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if that Vietnam Mod turns out as good as it looks it would be worth buying RO2 just for it .. just sayin'.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    All you saw was graphics, no gameplay at all. I don't think you can really judge that.

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    no thats true, the gameplay could indeed suck. if they go too much the simulation direction, it will suck. they need to find a middle ground like RO2 has done by the sounds of things.

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    The mod will follow along RO's general direction of gameplay. But of course the design of the maps (and by that I mean the gameplay/flow of maps, not the looks) and gamemodes will fit the Vietnam theme.

6. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah i know what it says in a description. But if its one of the "day 1" mods ( and there should be few ), then it will be finalized before the game launches ( even if it isn't, there are few that will, or atleast should be ). Since its the first one to actually show a teaser, I'm assuming it is one of the "day 1" mods.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Few higher res. shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    What drugs are you smoking pal? RO was realistic and I would say the best out of all the war games. To say it was poorly executed is absolutly not true. Your opinion is crap!!

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Dude, even the developers of RO said it was poorly executed. You can see it in one of their Interviews for RO2, they talk about how the first RO wasn't what they planned and weren't happy with it...they have a better Engine and more money this time, so yeah.

10. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Why do you always have to spread FUD across the net? You know you might not like an apple but that doesn’t mean everyone that does is settling. Fact is RO is the closest to realism the WW2 setting then any other game we have had. Think about it, iron sights, bullet penetration, tracers that actually were what they had. Artillery that actually had the correct kill range, tank deflections that actually were determined by the sloping armour and the angle of your tank to the projectile. This isn't counter strike arcade crap. This is real stuff. Heck they even had German Swastikas in the game. So before you yap your mouth how bout you actually play the game?

11. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Doesn't this sequel have health regeneration? Seems like I saw that in a game play video. If so, that kinda negates any and all realism they might have had going in.

:edit: Diff game that looked similar, so scratch that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  12. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    FUD?

Dude, actually play the game? I've been playing since back in it's mod days, you jerk. Stop acting like a know it all prick. I've probably played it more than you.

That said, the DEVELOPERS DID SAY THAT, lemmie drudge up the VIDEO INTERVIEW SO IT'S SHOWN, NOT FAKED.

P1:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mechanics-walkthrough-red-orchestra/703583
    P2:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mechanics-walkthrough-red-orchestra/703581
    P3:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mechanics-walkthrough-red-orchestra/703579

=/

You're way to high and mighty for someone who doesn't know jack ****.

And yes, RO2 will feature regenerating health to bring them "more in line with this generation of gamers"

Especially since it's going to the X360, too. You can bleed out though if it's a major wound; but you'll regenerate form most small arms fire, but high caliber rounds will create wounds you need to bandage.

http://www.risingstormgame.com/

Is another mod for RO2, it's getting a few come release, way to fracture the community. :p

It's set in the Pacific, the boring part of the war.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  13. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Yuck. The video I saw wasn't this game as edited above, but I suppose it's just impossible to avoid regenerating health in shooters now a days, even if it goes against everything the game stands for. :puke2:

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well, it's going on Consoles...they said it was simple as that, they want to make some money this time, and because of that, have to concede on some things.

15. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Could easily make it optional. Hell, doesn't COD even have a "Hardcore" mode without health regeneration?

16. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Who knows? Maybe they will, the game still has a few months til it's released, anything could happen.

And it was developed on PC first, and will be ported to X360 LATER, so yeah, it's NOT a console oriented game, but it just has aspects.

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I’ve been playing since release! I know how to turn my tank to deflect a shell. I know the difference between heat and AP. I also know that in this game a guy on foot has zero chance vs. a tank with a skilled grew. It doesn’t matter what the devs think, they will never be 100% happy. But for you to say it wasn’t played out right is absurd!!

I can guarantee absolutely tee that if I was in a Panther and you a tin can Sherman I would rip a shell into your skull faster then you can claim "GG". That was what it was like!!

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    MKIL you are an idiot for trying to diss a game before it is even released!

What you Russian and are [issed off?

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    No dip dude, you're probably better than me, I've played since it was a mod man, that's back in 2004, but I don't play it hardcore, I play it for a few hours every couple of weeks.

And alot of my friends agree the firing mechanics were unrealistic, and in those videos, the Devs even say that the firing mechanics turned out not like they had hoped and made it harder than it should have been.

Wow, you know the difference between Heat & AP? No way! I mean, like, totally, that's a RO SPECIFIC thing, and no other game has ever used it, or anything in history. You must be a GENIUS! Tank defelecting, wow, must be another thing RO invented...geeze, you're bragging about something anyone with 5 minutes to read Wiki could know about.

You're a ****ing fanboy extreme, the disgusting the kind, the kind that games would be better off without.

How the hell am I "Dissin" it? I recommended it to all my friends and advertised it on all the sites I visit, and gave it high praise in this thread.

Get the **** away man, you're blind.

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    MK you the worst of the worst because you will come on message forums and diss a game before it is even released! I now give you the title of FUD KING! congrats @ss!!