Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Weed smeels. Bleh. Never tried but my friends and wife do. In my country, weed is totally banned (even in medicine :stewpid: ). In my opinion, it's really, really stupid cuz alcohol is much more devastating for health and I never saw somebody who was angry when was stoned. Do you?
    I do like beer but If I could I would ban alcohol and set weed free. But I can't. Sad as hell.

2. insp1re

insp1re Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    its been proven before what banning alcohol does, the influx of illegal income and moonshine.

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    they don't have any synthetic cannabis they wish they could make.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, if I get cancer I'm going to Canada, that's the first thing I'd do.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I've been hearing about it for about 3yrs now and it's dangerous.Sending some to the E.R., I saw a couple of vids a while back, dude and a girl catching spasms on the pavement, scary stuff.But if you look at it, it looks like wood chips mixed up.

6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

That would be a patent like *SPAM*SPAM*SPAM*...$$$...true though!!!...:)

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    And legitimising & legalising alcohol has worked out sooooo well for society, hasn't it? Lest we not forget tobacco?

That argument is built on a false premise "look what happened with prohibition - remember that? Wasn't that terrible? Let's legalise all drugs and therefore legitimise their usage"

Dumbest logic ever. Nuclear weapons are illegal, let's legalise them to stop terrorists. Y'see how that works?

If you need the medicinal elements of weed, there are pills your doctor can offer you - anything else should be a shotgun to the face.

8. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    I have no idea what pissed u off again, but if u want , we can give u a hearing. And killing a consciousness is not as easy as u think. Shooting everyone using any form of drug means total annihilation, if u think about it. But u still are bent on creating such a great argument, please refrain from using guns to the reader's faces. We're still here, trying to understand how and what our existence means, amidst all the hypocrisy and abstract analogies. Hope you find your peace soon brother/xyz'er

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Lack of logic always triggers me.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Logic is defined by the beholder.....sounds like you would outlaw/ban everything/anything you don't like if you could and the heck with what everyone else thought.

11. insp1re

insp1re Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    I'd certainly prefer it was regulated than people buying it from johnny dope in a back alley for sure. To compare weed / alcohol to nuclear weapons is a bit extreme i think.. Alcohol or weed isnt going to destroy the earth in one shot.

I don't use drugs, so its not the need for it that fires my argument. Where there is a need for something there is always a supply, so why not regulate it?

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, I totally aspire towards buying my own island, growing my own and food and living out my days on my own enjoying nature and life to it's finest.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It has been regulated for medicinal purposes as indicated by the pharmaceutical companies, who went through more hoops than Michael Jordan to get the kind of help to those who will benefit from using it. Let me be precise: there is a difference between someone just saying it helps them and those who have got a professional medical informed conclusion to state it will help them.

The analogy was more about logic than a comparison of usage, purely to demonstrate a lack of argument by association is a lack of logic. This is especially true when you have an analogy of an analogy, of an analogy.

People in this thread who have argued weed on its own merits are fine, but arguing for something because of a completely unrelated moment in time is not an argument. So yes, it was extreme I'll admit, but that was the point.

Any toxins entering your body have an effect. Making a claim is not the same as providing medical proof on a person by person basis. In other words, by introducing substances into your body which are toxins (nicotine, caffeine, x-hol, cannabinol) without the approval of your doctor is self-medicating. No other way of looking at it. The person taking substances is essentially overriding what your physician would recommend.

I for one am against that. Only your doctor can know what the positive or negative effects will be.

14. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Albert Einstein smoked weed and did cocaine... so did Sigmund Freud's
    the elite do not want you to do drugs because they open your third eye and conscience, which they try to suppress so they can further control you...

15. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Individuals in our society like doctors, lawyers, politicians, c.e.o's etc., excercise their rights to use whatever recreational stuff they want.Their subordinates however, have to abide by the rules so "they" can continue milking the working class.Control is the key, like you said.Main reason for "secret societies" aka private members clubs.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Jeez, with thinking like that...

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Been legal for a couple of years here (in Washington state). Great tax revenue. No discernible increase in crime, health issues nor traffic violations.

Certainly better than the track record of legal alcohol and pills and giving that money to drug cartels/dealers.

18. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    In all honesty, I don't like thinking this way, it has "damaged" my psyche, but that word "damaged" is a matter of perspective.It's the constant abuse of power by some individuals in these fields and it's getting worse.Corruption is destroying everything with the masses unable to do anything about it without it leading to some sort of violence.Police actually insinuate the violence in a lot of cases.I actually gave you a real life scenario a few posts back.

19. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    Mmm derailment from the topic imminent, please come back to us, people!

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    No.

What would be better is for it to not exist at all, and for any ailments to have medical resolutions. Problem solved.