MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Settings are inherited from Global profile if they are not specified in application specific profile.

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    The problem is that the inheritance happens at the time of creation and doesn't follow the Global setting if it's changed.

Also, even if you remove the applicable line from the game profile file, once you change anything in the profile in RTSS properties, all missing settings are re-inherited from Global and written to the file.

I realize this isn't a huge problem, it just causes extra fiddling every time I want to change how my OSD looks. I'm glad I don't use wildly varying settings for different games.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hello, is it just me, but I am not getting the AFB overlay in Watch Dogs 2 any more. Before I had to start the game, then AL TAB outta it , hit AFB , apply the O profiel and the overly was there. Now after the DLC., not any more. AM I doing something wrong or is it a game with RTSS together? Thanks for the imput.

4. Unwinder

Only official versions of RTSS are whitelisted by EAC and it was discussed a lot of times.

5. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Thanks, must have missed it.

6. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    On the download page I can't download 4.2.0 version.

4.3.0 and 4.2.0 links lead to 4.3.0 download, while 4.1.0, for example, correctly leads to 4.1.0 download:
    http://i.imgur.com/S2IVgUU.gifv

Am I doing something wrong or that's a bug with links, or maybe it's a 4.2.0 version, someone just named an archive as 4.3.0?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  7. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    I have a problem myself ATM. Afterburner doesn't want to make screenshots in Squad(using EAC) after new update(game version updated, as well as EAC version).
    I can see overlay but when I press screenshot button nothing happens. Tested it in other games and in other games screen capture function works.
    When I tested it just now I used 4.3.0 + 6.5.0 versions. Usually after new updates(of the game or EAC) it helps to start using different versions of Afterburner and RTSS. So I reinstall MSI and RTSS after every big update of the game or EAC [​IMG].

In the game version before previous one I used to use 4.1.1+6.3.0. Then in previous version of the game it stopped working so I switched to 4.3.0+6.5.0, now after update I can't make screenshots...

PS Just wanted to point this out, I know it isn't a problem of Afterburner but a problem of game developers and EAC developers to make a proper support and not to block screen capturing software...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  8. asd89

asd89 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 BE DD
    Hi! Is there any way to see on-screen statistics like fps, a recording status with with the spinning circle and so on but not to record it in a video file? This information rather important during a recording proccess, so I dont want to turn it off, but these letters and numbers are obviously unnecessary in the video we get...

9. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    go to settings of MSI AB -> On-Screen Display
    Turn off the option "Show On-Screen Display on captured screenshots and videos" ... :nerd:

10. Unwinder

I think he wishes to see monitoring related part of OSD recorded, but not the recording status. Unfortunately that's impossible.

11. asd89

asd89 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 BE DD
    Oh, It seems to me that I meaned most likely that Andy_K says about...:)

Thanks man, I looked through all options but exactly this one I missed. Mainly I searched riva tuner statistics server for that.

The only thing that sometimes it doesnt record a cursor, everything else is ok!

12. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
  13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  14. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
  15. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Oops, use latest beta.

16. Anach

Anach Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8Gb
    I have this weird issue, that when Afterburner is running, I am unable to start certain applications. So far it's limited to SourceTree and ILSpy; both give me the same error in the event viewer. If I close Afterburner, then both these apps start and run fine. I haven't experienced any other application crashes so far and I've only experienced this since updating to the latest Windows 10 build: 15063.

Code:
    Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 2.0.14.1, time stamp: 0x58d16402
    Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x631de416
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000fd0c
    Faulting process id: 0x39a0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2b09797980036
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Anach\AppData\Local\SourceTreeBeta\app-2.0.14-beta-001\SourceTree.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    Report Id: d30eca06-dd9f-411c-ad0a-5f1443810340
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 
    Code:
    Application: SourceTree.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFDC76DFD0C

Code:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
          Time of this report: 4/9/2017, 04:48:06
             Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
                     Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
          System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
                 System Model: X58A-UD3R
                         BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
                    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       X 980  @ 3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
                       Memory: 24576MB RAM
          Available OS Memory: 24574MB RAM
                    Page File: 9441MB used, 19100MB available
                  Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
              DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          DX Setup Parameters: Not found
             User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
           System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                     Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
               DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Diagnostics
    ---------------

Windows Error Reporting:
    +++ WER0 +++:
    Fault bucket 120733057846, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: SourceTree.exe
    P2: 2.0.14.1
    P3: 58d16402
    P4: d3d9.dll
    P5: 10.0.15063.0
    P6: 631de416
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 000000000000fd0c
    P9: 
    P10: 

17. Unwinder

Reading at least a few previous posts in the thread before posting exactly the same issue is not that hard.

18. KedarWolf

KedarWolf Guest

GPU:
    G.Skill Ripjaws 5
    Where do I find the beta 5 Afterburner and Rivatuner beta 9, please?

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Both should be linked to in the 6.7.0 beta thread near the last page or two, if you need to use 4.4.0 of Afterburner or 7.0.0 of Rivatuner the latest version is beta 6 for Afterburner and beta 18 for Rivatuner.

This also has improved compatibility for Creator or Windows 10 RS 2 / Win10 1704 (April 2017) though I never encountered any issues with AB even with earlier builds of it and the OS itself but many others are running into problems thus I'm mentioning it since Microsoft pushed ISO's and what not out ahead of the public release of April 11th thus more people are now upgrading to said version of Windows 10 and possibly running into these compatibility problems. :)

Probably should have some general notice about beta software usage and that but I can understand wanting full support for new GPU's in these types of software and no-one likes running into compatibility problems with a new OS version though still, it's still in development so keep that in mind.

If it's for GPU support then you can also manually add in support for the 1080 Ti in existing versions but I'd make a mess of trying to explain this procedure properly and I don't have a Pascal series GPU myself though the alternative does exist but it's a little bit more advanced doing it this way.
    (Power use functionality, I'm just mentioning it as a alternative.)

EDIT: And yes I know, I could direct to the search function but that would lead to posts about not finding it or downloading earlier versions or other things like that or I could give a more clear answer but that in turn leads to people expecting direct answers and thus more posts in that manner or how to best explain, I don't really know which is best though I'm just trying to be a bit helpful but I don't want to interfere with the ongoing beta of 4.4.0 and 7.0.0 (The growing discussion around EAC is already causing some off-topic concerns.) so perhaps try not to post too much in the topic for it which is unrelated to the ongoing beta at least. :)
    (Not trying to be rude or anything, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or not do as that's Unwinders call.)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  20. Anach

Anach Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8Gb
    I assume you're replying to me? It's a bit difficult to know with a random post and no quote. I did read back 7 pages, and searched a lot for my specific error, and it returned no results. Either way, based on your post I decided to click the random links to other websites on the last page, and found a suggestion to update to the RTSS beta on Reddit, which I will try. I have no idea where to find the beta of AB, because I can't seem to find a sticky in this forum, or any info in the OP of this thread. I'll have a look around though.

The problem with reading the last few posts, is the entire thread is full of bug reports and compatibility problems with various games and Win versions, which of course is the nature of the thread. For example, a post stating compatibility problems with a DX11 game is not something I'd tend to look at when searching for a d3d9 or .net error, or I'd have to investigate every single link in the 107 page thread, also the mentions of Windows versions by most the search results were non-specific, so I did't find anything that way either.

Thanks for the advice however, and It will hopefully fix my problem after I locate the betas and reboot my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.