AMD Gaming Evolved Program gets Exclusive Hardware Partnership on THIEF

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    well it is only logical amd has the console market, there are no more pc ports because all is x86 now :)

3. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    Nvidia anyone ??

That's another blow to Nvidia. After AMDs white wash win on all console hardware, nvidia is loosing gaming market day by day. In the near future all most all cross platform games would be AMD hardware optimized. That in turn significantly lower driver problems on AMD hardware and game would obviously run much better on AMD Radeon GPUs. :eatme2:

4. VanPersie

VanPersie Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    Who cares? Ban HIV and possible other diseases treatment for AMD fanboys and it's over. :banana: :stewpid:
    http://www.eweek.com/innovation/nvidia-gpu-cray-supercomputer-power-hiv-research-breakthrough/

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Let's assume nvidia will lose gaming market to AMD, and AMD will not have competition ,trust me the price WILL go higher and they can do whatever they want, some people see nvidia is the devil with the Titan price(F***ing high yea) that is because AMD pose no treat at all in that segment.

For all consumers i hope the battles between nvidia and AMD will last, and so yet AMD have great bundles, won the consoles, got excellent exclusives but still nvidia is not out, not even close, we stay tune and see

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
  8. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I just want The Division on PC :(

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Nvidia come one year later with Titan, who is at maximum 20-30% faster of the old 7970ghz ( even if GK110 was present on HPC 6 month before for exclusive HPC system ( called titan in Texas ) ..

And yes, AMD have decide to not release anything before the end of the year it seems ( maybe finally not, we will now this thoses next days, rumors say Sea Island cancelled, Volcanic Islan replace it for the end of the year, but like Nvidia have finally move on with GK110, maybe AMD could push Sea Island finally for compet in term of marketing ) ..

Now, they have just get one contract more with GE, nothing more, most big games have been put under GE this last year. .. good for AMD publicity, maybe the game will be a bit more optimized for AMD at release, even if im not sure of it ( outside if it use DX11.1 , who is not supported by Nvidia in hardware )... But i hope we will not see this..

For now, and for most of the Gaming evolved games, they have follow the rules ( theres got some little things with TR and TressFX and Dirt, but thats all ), and i really hope on the performance side AMD will respect the rules and dont pull down performance of Nvidia cards without any reason for Thief too.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't know, it depends how much all this is costing AMD.

Not saying AMD should add features that trip up Nvidia cards, but if Nvidia card's benefit just as much it feels like Nvidia owners get the best of both worlds while AMD owners don't.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Just like Intel over AMD CPU's.

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    They didnt do it with Crysis 3. It has TXAA which is exclusive for Nvidia cards on an AMD game.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This is the single, dumbest post I've ever read.

Which, btw, the game "Fold It" preceeded this by roughly 1.5 years....

The results of the "Fold It" game....
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-20108365-247/foldit-game-leads-to-aids-research-breakthrough/
    http://techland.time.com/2011/09/19...ds-puzzle-that-baffled-scientists-for-decade/
    http://phys.org/news/2012-01-foldit-gamers-protein-crowdsourcing.html

And who wants treatments, when the results of the "Fold It" game make a vaccine/cure possible?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    he was obviously butthurt by that nvidia bashing, you know how are diehard nv fanboys :grin:

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    More TressFX? :banana: