Review: Asus X99 DeLuxe II motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We test and review the new Asus X99 DeLuxe II motherboard, you can pair it with Haswell-E and Broadwell-E series processors and get your gaming groove on to 10-cores processors. Yes ASUS hits back in ...

Review: Asus X99 DeLuxe II motherboard

2. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Thx G3D nice to see a motherboard review again!The temps of that 6950x really go to insane levels at 4.4!!

3. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Great read tons of details, nice work! It's a shame that my X99-A II is prctically the same. It was nice to see the quad channel results, it would be nice to see more comparisons to other venders with the same type processor as a direct numbers comparison but that is just the DBA in me. Nice read! Lots of info and benches and neat page indexing!

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you Hilbert for a well thought out , well written and lengthy proper review , very useful and informative. This is like a dream motherboard. Full of features , includes everything a super very high end motherboard can trow at it + the sink kitchen too and then some. Asus always deliver and it shows. Also the price it's not bad at all for all that hardware and extras you get , a quick price check at newegg : $399.99US Dollars. If the coming up AMD Zen SR7 8c 16t fails to deliver as expected this might be my next motherboard with a 6900K 8c 16t cpu. My next upgrade has to last me 3+ years so i need i good 8 cores cpu set up paired with a high end mobo and this one fits the bill. Will see and time will tell.

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Don't care much for the bling, but nice to see another board that can run triple graphics cards in slots 1, 3 and 7. Those are few and far in between. Shame really that Nvidia are trying to kill triple off.

6. dfsdfs1112

dfsdfs1112 Member Guru

GPU:
    2060 SUPER
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Not to provoke, but its kinda ironic, I just remembered your old thread about missing pcie lanes..
    Well your A model is missing this crucial part, extra pcie lane bandwidth from PLX chip - e.g. for extra nvme or pcie ssd if you already using dual gpus.

Also Deluxe has more vrm and higher quality, I know because my old Z87 deluxe has it vs regular Pro.
    But its also very overpriced too lol :D

EDIT: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-x99-deluxe-ii-motherboard-review,14.html

not bad in 3dmark06 4770k@ 4.7ghz, beats stock 6900K 8core :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  8. Venge

Venge Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 / 8GB
    PCI-lanes..

Hi,

Doesnt the i7-7850k have 40 PCI-lanes? Intel Ark says so. :O
    Otherwise a freaking cool rewiev!

-Venge