Logitech M100 mouse won't stop double clicking since clean windows 7 install

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by peanutmanak47, Feb 25, 2013.

1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So about a week ago I got an SSD and did a fresh install of windows 7. Ever since then my mouse has been double clicking like crazy when I'm only single clicking. I've tried multiple USB ports, drivers are updated for the mouse. I've messed with sensitivity settings and still get random double clicking on single clicks. I know it's a cheap mouse, but it has to be software related because before the clean install I never had this issue for the year and half I've owned this mouse.

I don't feel like buying a new mouse and would much rather fix the current problem somehow.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The switch probably picked a coincidental time to go bad. Try another mouse?

3. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    There is a setting in windows 7/8 that allows you to chose what mouse clicks do, single/double..

Control panel>folder options>General Tab>click item as follows...

4. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well it's not just during folder openings. It happens during video games and clicking in browsers.

5. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    If its not a software issue, the only thing I could recommend is contact cleaner or mass air flow cleaner and spray it up under the button, if it is a "dirt/gunk" issue.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Logitech seems to have a pretty bad track record for switches failing.... My Logitech G500 is suffering from the same double-click issue....as well as others...

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    As per the other thread, it's the type of switch that they use to register clicks. It sucks.

8. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well it must have been a bad switch because I got a new mouse and it is working just fine now. Thank you guys for your help.