MSI Teases Gaming Motherboards, Graphics Cards, and All-in-One Desktops

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Edit: I stand corrected. Apparently they have pretty much the same testing as the other companies now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    "MSI motherboard" and "enthusiast" should not be used in the same sentence :p

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Really guys ? This is the level these days on reply's ?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im still happy with my TwinFrozr3 gpu, have it for almost 2years. Now even at higher OC and it doesn't break a sweat :D

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I used to have MSI back in the day, but then i discovered Gigabyte.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm, after much bad luck with everything MSI I avoided them for a long time when I saw the way they handle their RMA department here (in person of course). Years after that I figured it was long enough, everything changes over such a long period of time, only to be told by multiple people that their quality testing may as well be non existent. That's not directly related to their RMA facilities, but a very bad sign, to me that's even worse.

I don't suppose you've had any recent insight into their facilities/testing? I'd like to hear from you what sort of state they are in. I wish more tech sites would discuss such things but I suppose they can't in order not to get on the bad side of any companies.

I do remember you posted a video about Gigabyte's testing.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You had bad experiences with MSI products, it happens and that sucks no doubt. But to reply the way you guys do on every thread that starts with MSI, it is just annoying.

Most mobo's in this office all are MSI. Absolutely as good as their graphics cards. RMA wise again that sucks, but as an example a friend of my had a bad firmware flash recently on his mobo. Totally dead. I was curious so I monitored the RMA process.

He called MSI Benelux (Netherlands SOL office), they asked him to send the mobo, he received it 4 days later back either fixed or replaced.

Now I HATE it that some for you guys ran into issues and on top of that got a bad RMA experience. Especially when you prolly purchased hardware based on our recommendations. But these things do happen and also do realize that the vast majority of people enjoy their product.

Oh and BTW - MSI Quality and Analysis really isn't different from Gigabyte and ASUS.

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    What really bothered me was getting multiple reports that their testing is extremely poor, it's good to hear that their quality testing is more or less the same as the others now. Thanks.

11. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX570
    I've never had a bad GPU experience with MSI and would definitely consider buying them, but I have with their motherboards, it's not really quality issues as such, because at stock they just work and that's fine and reliable and great.

The issue arise when you buy a board for enthusiast overclocking based on them being advertised as enthusiast overclocking, then I expect them to be able to handle that.

Last MSI motherboard I had was released with a BIOS I can only describe as Alpha and updates were very rare to fix the most minor of issues (mostly memory related) - but because it worked at stock it was not something I could RMA and for that my wallet will never allow me to buy another just in case I get same situation all over again.

All in one PC's are always good considerations for the family desktop - I'd like to see more reasonably priced 27" touchscreen IPS units though :)

So with those experiences I can say yes (and happily so) to GPU, I'd be interested in the AIO systems but sadly like the others there, overclocking motherboards is not something I relate to MSI - I'd love to be proven wrong..... at someone else's expense of course :)

12. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    I have always stuck with MSI when it came to GPU's, I find them fantastic. ASUS were my choice for Motherboards.

And I can't see why people would have bad issues with all products from one brand, either you have the worst luck in the world or you cannot be treating them well. Same goes to people who "knock on" ASUS and then go with Gigabyte, or the usual "Nvidia vs ATI" debate.

If MSI were bringing out bad products left, right and centre I don't think they could claim their "one of the world leaders in ..." statement.

As for topic, I really want to see how their new GPU's are designed now. Not a fan of red mobo's myself or red as a theme in general.

13. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    Only brand I continually have bad experiences with is ATI/AMD video cards. Last 3 I can remember having all died. 8500, HD 5870, & just this past Monday night my 7970 GHz Ed. Well, wait, I had dual HD 7850's & sold 1 & my son has the other & it still works, but my record has been less then good. I went back to team Green of which I really never have issues with other then maybe a driver on occasion.

I can say I've had an MSI mobo go tits up on me, but I can also say the same for Asus (recently), & Gigabyte.

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Both of my "8970s" are MSI ones. Reference, but no issues thus far.

15. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I had this MSI board for a year and a half with zero problems and I would buy again.

16. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Looking good.

17. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    I've had a lot of problems with ASUS! To give just some other insight. Striker Extreme... dead.

Striker Formula II... 3 Mobo's.... dead... CPU INIT problem for both mobo. Now on MSI P7N Diamond for years, working like a charm. Lockups at boot? Just push the CMOS reset and all is well.