Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi, yes i bought it few weeks ago after i heard they cancled subscription.

The stutter/low gpu usage "stopped" when i lowered last slider - FX? (in advanced options) to 3 instead of 4. It looks like a issue with Godrays/light shafts (they're still visible at 3 but probably not so detailed, idk i didnt see any difference 3 vs 4).

btw, If i lower this FX slider to 3 it also disables FXAA and SSAO, i re-enabled that in main graphics menu.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    def something crazy going on with these drivers. went back to 310.64 smooth as butta :banana:

actually something so wrong with them to the point it made windows 8 slow and crappy. atleast for my system anyway

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  3. Spuddy0108

Spuddy0108 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6870 1gb
    These drivers are a joke man. up2 38% increase in Farcry 3 on a gtx680? Make that a 20 decrease on my end. I lost about 20 fps in singleplayer and about 10 fps in multiplayer on ultra settings.

4. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Lost performance in number of games with this set....back to 306.02.

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Windows 8 annoys the f*** out of me - constantly being forced to jump in and out of metro from the tiles to the desktop all the time is just a badly designed OS.

Why they decided to slap a failing phone OS on top of a successful desktop OS i have no idea. Even apple (hate them so much) had enough sense to make 2 seperate operating systems - one for handheld and one for desktop.

Microsoft are failing so hard right now. Windows 8 adoption rate is lower than Vista was when it was released. Microsoft should have had Windows 8 RT for touchscreen tablets and phones and just left desktops and non-touchscreen laptops with an OS more akin to Windows 7 layout.

Sod drivers for such a crappy OS. I hope Windows 8 dies very quickly just like Windows ME.

6. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    believe it or not I actually like it. I am quite used to it now. also windows 7 still had something annoying things that are fixed in 8. I do agree they should have made to versions. but its here now. not much we can do about it

7. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Very low peformance in Witcher 2 version 3.2.2 in cutscenes. Problem exist on win7/win8 32/64bit.

Spec
    ASrock P67
    680GTX

8. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    i went back to 306.97 everything works perfect. atleast for the 690

9. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    With older Drivers it runs faster? Which Ingame-Settings do you use?

10. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    301.42, 304.79 , 305.53 , 306.02 , 306.23 , 306.79 , 310.64 , 310.70 is the same perfomance , settings - all max except ubersampling 1080p.

11. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Because it boosts?

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I dont know what happen. tried some overclock and got a black screen and had to force system to shut off. when trying to boot up system bsod at boot logo. and it kept repeating. I had to use a system restore and now system working again.

edit. I had it up to 950mhz running at 1.125 volts. tried to go to 1gz and thats when the screen instantly went to black screen

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  13. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    it can go beyond the listed boost clock, mine for example is 1006 standard, boosts to 1072, but when gaming it can go as high up to 1110

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Winamp 5.63 visal plugin - Milkdrop 2.25 has some issues in windows 8, I didnt try 306.97 yet, but i know it use work fine with older driver in windows 7.

Some visuals don't work or just stall, some dont display properly (black screen), similar thing with advanced visualization studio 2.81d (no visualization just solid color).

Is this nvidia or windows 8 bug?

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Temp should be nice for your DCU II card ;)
    And with the screenshot you showed, thats nvidia inspector yes? wait for a bit and you will see the estimated max on the right side (above the boost clock) and it should reflect on the current clock.

16. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
  17. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Windows 7 64bit here and these drivers are awesome. Best drivers I've used, thanks.

18. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    the 310 sets introduce some very high dcp latency. i hope they fix this with the new set. anything below 310 zero issues.

19. DJINFERNO0806

DJINFERNO0806 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr
    I noticed the same exact problem. Sound popping and crackling due to this. Older drivers were fine.

I have yet to see anyone from NVIDIA confirm they know this is happening even after members posted on the NVIDIA forums.

Lets hope they do indeed fix this or its a deal breaker for staying with NVIDIA for a lot of people im sure.

20. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    i know when i got the 690 i was like !@@#?$#@$#@?$@#!!!!!! tell me there is something wrong with it. but i see it effects 680's as well. card is fairly new so hopefully things will mature abit :bang: