Worth Upgrading GTX 670 to GTX 770 Lightning ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by keasy, Dec 2, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    if it saves you buying the 260x, you might as well. I would still go with a gpu with more than 2gb vram though, you have a nice rig there, Sli is a possibility in the future and having only 2gb of vram would definitely put me off of even considering Sli in the future.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Why not wait until the January sales? Aftermarket 290's should be coming out by then, you might be able to pick up a bargain.

3. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Yeah Jan. sales will be nice for Radeon and that's something to think of. But if you wanna give that 670 to yer boi a 770 4gb card should be ok but I still wouldn't like to go that route maybe if you got the dough a 780 is a better performance gain and as they are on sale for around 500$ now it's a better upgrade.

I just sold my 770 to get the 780 as a Christmas present : ) but I game at 1080p and am totally satisfied with v-sync 60hz 60fps. I don't game competitively like in BF4 or other games that need that kind of FPS so 60FPS is great for me at 1080p.

The 770 at 1080p is a great card I had the 2gb version and it played everything well at 60fps except for Far Cry 3 had to turn shadows down but other than that every game max ( Didn't play Crysis 3 at all or BF3 with it though).

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    SLI would be a good upgrade, most if not all big titles will have good SLI support anyway.

So you won't get into much problems with SLI.

5. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I have not run into a single game that has any driver problems at all and have been running my GTX670 setup sing January. So far it has been great.

6. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Ok,

Looks like SLI is the way to go then.

One more question and I know it makes me sound a bit thick but...

In SLI mode, having two cards with 2GB of Video RAM, will that equate to 4 GB ? Or will only one card's memory be used ?

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    2 gb effective memory as they run in AFR. ie they with both have the same exact data on each card.