Rivatuner 2.10 released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

ribbell

I've modified RT's GPU enumeration routine to allow it to enumerate physical and logical display devices in multiple passes, so I hope that 4870 X2 issues are solved now. Also, new GPU enumerator should give big advantage to RT: now it must be able to "see" unattached display devices too (i.e. physical display adapters not attached to any logical Windows display device and invisible to OS). In other words, now low-level diagnostics, monitoring and fan control will be also available when Windows is loaded in safe mode with no display drivers installed and also low-level settings should be available for slave GPUs in SLI/CF configurations too. So if everything is working as supposed then I think that we can say "hello" to official CF fan control support in RT. Test build is on the way.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  2. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Awesome. Email received. I'll report later when i'm back home.
    Thank you for your efforts.

3. Unwinder

Thank you for your time!

4. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Great job.
    But how can other users get that "test build"?
    Will there be a patch/update?

5. Unwinder

Test build is not available publicly and provided only to testers, sorry.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    My system works flawlessly with ingame OSD and performance hooking etc. with my 8800GTS 512, RT 2.09 and 177.79 beta drivers
    Do I need to upgrade to 2.10? Or do I wait for a graphic card upgrade?

7. Unwinder

Most of 2.10 changes are related to GTX 2x0 and HD 48x0 series, so I'd say that RT version upgrade is not necessary for you.

8. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Thank you, I'd die without the D3D Overrider.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Haven't read through the topic nor used search.

I used to be able to check VDDC temperatures with Rivatuner on my 3870 but I have forgotten how, or at least I can't seem to find and activate the correct plugin. Anyone could tell me how?

10. Unwinder

Ulike 3870 series, 4850 are not equipped with advanced VRM's able to monitor it. So forget about it.

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, many seems to be able to read the VDDC temps with Gpu-z 0.27 but that doesn't work for me either.

12. snowball

snowball Member

How could I set the fan on my 9800 GTX+ to lower than 35 percent? Rivatuner slider starts at 25 but it cannot apply to anything under 35 percent.

13. Unwinder

Only 4870 owners, your 4850 has simplified PCB with analog voltage regulation so you're out of luck, sorry.

14. Unwinder

Minimum fan speed for driver-level fan speed adjustment is limited with VGA BIOS. You cannot force the driver to set it lower without editing the limit in BIOS.

15. Catscratch

Catscratch Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1GB
    Did you try it ? Because if i set the settings to PWM=3 then fan cycle drops to %0 and i can't get it up no matter wht I do.

16. Unwinder

Yes, sure. Reread the thread, PWM mode is not the only setting affecting fan controller functionality and supposed to be changed. Read fan controller functionality discription carefully.

17. Unwinder

I think I've got really good news.
    First, I've finished modifying RivaTuner in order to support 4870 X2 fan speed. Second, these modifications should also provide fan control for Crossfire systems. Third, new AMD chips announce is approaching and I've just finished adding support for RV730. I suppose these changes worth releasing v2.11 really soon. Closed beta testing will start on Monday, I'll send beta to those who took part in v2.10 testing. And public release of v2.11 is expected within 1-2 weeks as usual.

18. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    You are The Man. Thanks Unwinder. BTW, I could test the 4870x2 crossfirex fan feature for you.

19. Unwinder

Great, testers with Crossfire-X systems can be really useful. Please send me your email via PM and I'll send you beta on Monday.

20. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    PM gladly sent, thanks.