Steam Summer Sale 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solfaur, Jul 14, 2013.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I managed to spend 0p in the steam sales this year which is a challenge itself .

but even better I've so far made about £6 off selling stupid cards and backgrounds... that's right people are paying £2 just for a skyrim .jpg.... Valve can do no wrong!

Just in case people think i'm making it up..

[​IMG]

Over 2 dollers for a wallpaper lol

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I sold a witcher 2 sword for $3.35 and the witcher 2 ponytail for $2.93.

Mad people, bought me a few summer sale games though.

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I spent $5.00 that I had made selling cards on Civ. V Gold Upgrade. I already had the Gods and Kings expansion, but all the other DLCs were worth the expense for me. Other than that I figure I'm good until Christmas at least with what I already have (probably Xmas of 2015 lol).

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's because it's from the "rare" category. That stuff really does rarely drop.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I have exactly that background on my profile, it was a drop though, didn't knew it was worth that much. :D

All these will only become more rare and valuable with time, so the bigger money will be made months from now especially on the limited summer cards/backgrounds/etc. that are not obtainable anymore. :eyebrows:

6. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    It took me 3 hours to work out why Postal didn't work for me, in case you ever come across a solid white screen, disable Afterburner OSD. You may thank me one day.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Backgrounds and other rewards related to badge crafting will likely keep losing value until the card supply dries up, unfortunately.

8. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Anyone notice that steam requires a new update daily? Each time I load steam it constantly updates and needs to restart to apply the updates. I've been loading it once a day this week and this happens each day.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's the NSA checking to see if your Steam games are legit.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If you are on the beta path, sure.

And you're not required to update, it just does it once you first start, if it's already running it won't update unless it's really important.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    But the actual summer sale cards will increase in value with the number of cards on the market thinning up. Maybe not soon, but several months from now, when there will be people that missed the summer badge yet still want to craft it. :banana:

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Sold few more last night, got up to £2.50 now. Ive got summer badge, but im not too bothered about game badges. Tomb Raider ones went for £0.25 each not too bad!

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm selling my doubles and buy cards I don't have. Even though I could just sell everything and make some money, I won't because I kind of like things like this. As a kid I used to collect all sorts of cards/stickers, so you could say it's a (bad) habbit for me. But as long as I don't actually add "real" money to my steam walled to just buy cards I'm good (I hope). :)

edit - check this guy out, lol... http://steamcommunity.com/id/chedburn

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013