NSA can follow nearly everything you do online in real-time

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Has Snowden even leaked everything he has yet? It seems he keeps pumping out tidbits when his urgency of "all powerful big brother spying on everyone" would suggest he should do otherwise, like uploading everything he has and then blowing his brains out. It's like he was hoping some country would set him up with a condo for his information.

It's still somewhat of a waste to go that route to begin with, especially when, like you said, much of it is of no value. But that's my argument though, that it's not of any value or concern.

No, right. But those are (at least piracy) what the average person would fear about. Or their Facebook affair messages or whatever the ****. ISPs are even known to hold logs of up to year on internet traffic.

https://torrentfreak.com/how-long-does-your-isp-store-ip-address-logs-120629/

HOWEVER, open routers/wifi can throw a wrench in that. Most people up to something of a noteworthy threat to the public will at least be doing something as simple as looking for wifi spots, using Tor, and using very heavy encryption - if they're not seeing each other in person and transferring data that way (imagine trying to find a micro SD card). And that's only the tidbits I know of, god knows of other better ways.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Perhaps the world is coming to an end and the us govt is trying to gather as much info of the human race as possible in order to rebuild our civilisation when/if the opportunity presents itself?

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Humanity wil end up below the earth before getting above the earth into space, down in those tunnels they make with the big machines.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    nothing to hide here...

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    XboxOne in the bedroom ? anyone?

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Pointless, it offers nothing your cellphone doesn't already provide.

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    haha

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i am with NSA or what ever organization does this to PROTECT me and my family. well, no chance to know if they use it for private purposes but well, dont know.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This is NOT to protect your family. Don't be so naive. This is to collect evidence AGAINST you. This has been in place since the 90's. So what have they down to protect against all the stuff that happened since then? They say this is used to track terrorists, well I can bet that any terrorist would not even use a PC or phone to plan anything.

This whole "I've nothing to hide" excuse really annoys me. If I choose to hide something that is MY business and my RIGHT. If I want to live privately then I can do so. You can live freely as long as the Government says so? That is not freedom, that is slavery. Remember government was set up to protect your rights, not to infringe them at every single turn. If people do not stop this now then they will look at this as acceptance and take even more of your rights.

You probably have broke laws that you didn't even know about and they would use this against you if they wished. DO NOT acquiesce to this. I used to think the same, I live a good life, I have nothing to hide etc. But they I started to learn about common law vs statutes and how much of a scam they are and that they are forced on us as "Law" on us. But they are not laws, only rules. But if you consent then it has the force of law.

It comes down to this. Do you want freedom or to be spied on at every step of your life and only have freedom as long you do not break any of the governments rules? Remember these are men and woman like you, they have no authority over you, no body has. We are all equal. Do not let these dictators run your life.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Fricken this! ^
    Not to move the topic into a conspiracy matter but the thing is, most people are rubbing this off as nothing and moving on with life. The Government will win unless EVERYONE begins to realize what is going on around them.

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  12. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    that's exactly the wrong mentality that is making us give up our freedom and privacy, and I hear that same line everyday "i got nothing to hide" or "its for our security" blablabalbla this is blatant violation of privacy, Period. The XKeyscore NSA's software can track every move you make, every website you visit, they have your passwords, banking accounts or statements stored somewhere, your nice pics of you and your kids and beloved family probably stored and being looked at right now... and that's Ok right? nothing creepy doesn't bother you a tad?

Oh and all our governments do not care about your security and protection, bcse theyre corrupted and only care about $$$ and oil. Thats the only thing on the menu right now for them, and the last 2 years have proven so with the Canadian/US XLkeystone pipeline being built regardless of all the complaints and environmental complaints, war in libya, soon iran, previously iraq. They will kill us and take everything from us for oil and to go with their agenda worldwide.

For the sake of it they can go to your facebook post something under your name e.g. making you look like a religious extremist (although ur not) and then boom next thing u know ur on TV for some attack u never made. That can happen, they can make you say stuff on twitter or fb u never said with the XKeyscore .

There is no difference anymore between walking naked in your own house with no blinds on your windows and all your neigbhoors staring at you, and the NSA keeping track live of ALL your internet activity.

First off im getting rid of anything google owned, its a bit hard but im closing my gmail address, and youtube etc.etc FB already closed (although my info will be still out there for a longtime), thinking of getting a VPN subscription permanently for my PCs etc. Also we can start encrypting our HDDs with Bitlocker, but Microsoft i read few days ago gave the decryption key to the NSA .. hence forfeiting all the privacy of billions worldwide :bang:

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    OK, let's get one thing straight, you are all completely off-base here.

1)-

The internet is no different than a public street, anyone can go there and say anything they want and nearly do anything they want. But why would you have any expectation to privacy on the internet that you wouldn't have on a public street?

When you post something on the internet, you are basically throwing a leaflet into the street for anyone to read. Didn't want everyone to know what was written? Then you shouldn't have wrote it.

You are not being "spied upon" anymore than if you were walking down a public street and somebody heard what you were yelling. If you walk down the public street naked and someone saw you, is he "spying on you"?

You want privacy? Stay off the internet.

2)-
    You know nothing. I have first hand experience of just such info being used to prevent a terrorist attack mere hours before it was to be carried out.

The terrorists very much so use PC's and phones to do almost all of their organizational work and planning. How else do you expect them to communicate and filter through thousands of videos, pictures and powerpoints? Use carrier pigeons?

This sh!t saves lives, how many Islamic terrorist attacks has the U.S. suffered since 9/11? Perhaps 2. Here is a small glimpse into some of the attacks that have been thwarted since 9/11:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foiled_Islamic_terrorist_plots_in_the_post-9/11_United_States

And that is in the U.S., in Israel the numbers are in the thousands to tens of thousands. I've personally had the privilege of partaking in some of the operations to prevent these attacks; many of which you never heard of or will ever hear of.

3)-
    First, you're nuts. Second, you're nuts.

This is the biggest problem. There is a legitimate concern regarding these data collections, but these legitimate concerns are often overrun by nutcases who create insane conspiracy theories which completely blow any sense out the window and prevent the real issues from being addressed.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You are wrong there. you cant say anything you want. if i start saying im going to do a terrorist attack on twitter or a forum, or go to a school to settle a score with someone, pretty sure the police will be visiting very soon. The internet is constantly being monitored for that over here.
    maybe in your country laws are pretty loose when it comes to that, but things can be quite different in other countries.

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you yell on a public street that you have a bomb, would the response be any different? It's the same reason why you can't just yell "fire" in a crowded theater and get away with it.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes it would be very different. With the internet things are logged for a year. if i shout outside no one will know in 5 mins.

17. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Spying has been here for hundreds of years and I doubt that many guys reading guru3d are really surprised by all the news about USA spying on everybody. So are other countries. The sad thing is, that this time it's US of A - the great DEMOCRACY the PEACEMAKER who is in the spotlight. And it's good. People should realize that these guys don't give a $..t about anyone as far as they are getting their money and oil. Funny thing about it is that before all this came up, it was the USA pointing finger at the Chinese and everybody around for cyberattacks and cyberspying. And these guys were probably just defending themselves...

Also for those stating that they are not bothered by this because they do nothing wrong and thus are OK. Think again whether you can trust a government that has access to everything. Who says that they can't just point a finger at a random person and "create" suspicious activity that will deem him as a terrorist and then they will just get rid of this person.What if this person will be your friend, family member or even you? What then?
    There is no real freedom in the world anymore.Specially if you are living in north america. Well maybe in some amazon rainforests and parts of africa.

18. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
  19. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And neither would anyone know if you took down the post.

The logging is no different than someone standing in the street holding up a video camera, which is perfectly legal .

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no its logged. if you post it, its in their database. They can trace everything you have done.
    Holding a camera in the public street is legal, untill you dont respect privacy of other people.