AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 2 (12.100.17.0 March 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Considering Arma 3 is in Alpha state, you won't be getting drivers with optimizations for it anytime soon.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    My initial benchmark results :
    Config - as in my profile.

Cat 13.2 B7 :
    Unigine Valley
    Preset : Extreme HD

Unigine Heaven
    Preset : Extreme

3Dmark 2013,
    Fire Strike (non-extreme)
    Gpu : 7578
    Phys : 5523

Tomb Raider, vsync off, Fscreen exclusive,
    Quality : Ultimate
    min 40,8
    max 64,2
    Avg 51,4

Cat 13.3 B2 :

Valley :

Heaven :

Fire Strike :
    GPU : 7589
    Phys : 5571

Tomb Raider :
    min 40,8
    max 58,4
    avg 49,9

One thing I've noticed -
    actually now in TR benchmark I DO see corruption of hair (it does now occlude with the model of Lara, on earlier drivers the hair has flown 'around' the model, now sometimes it flows just 'through' the back of Lara's model).

But anyway - since I've not found any other issues - for me, for now - it's a keeper ;)

3. wazups2x

wazups2x Active Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Nothing to do with this driver. A patch was released for Tomb Raider that removed the invisible barrier that caused the hair to float in the air.

Patch notes: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134690

Edit: A new patch was just released for Tomb Raider. So if you were curious here's the second patch notes: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135416

4. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Useless driver... at least for me... but its good that AMD keeps improving games performance.

5. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Hmm... interesting... I do have 718.4 but will now update to latest to see if it was fixed...
    But on a sidenote - I've run on the exact same build just different Cat's and on earlier I haven't noticed the issue with hair, on newest - I did...
    Something's fishy ;)

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    tombraider is still ****ed lol
    even after the recent update + graphics card update, when i enable tressfx with crossfire enabled, my game freezes with sound loop, and it happens randomly most of the time when fmv`s apear lol, with tressfx off though its smooth sailing :/

also they still have not fixed hardware acceleration corruption, when viewing flash stuff or steam videos or websites with flash videos my screen completely corruption i managed to get rid of it by pressing ALT+F4 i tryed taking a screenshot
    but all that appears in the screen shot is a perfectly uncorrupted desktop lol

i wish i never bought these 7 series cards, there nothing but problem after problem....think im going nvidia next....

to be perfectly honest i think its the displayout ports on 7 series cards that have the issues, i mean i have had hdmi audio out issues with these cards from day 1 and sometimes they work when i reboot other times there broken when i reboot or working but disabled lol

7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Try playing it with one card if Crossfire is giving you issues :(. so far i have not play games yet but it seem that the display has stop error stop for now.

8. Chrisoldinho

Chrisoldinho Guest

GPU:
    CF HIS 7950 IceQ's
    Strangely, 1/2 way through the install, I get logged out and have to re-sign in on Windows 8 x64. Driver is installed by CCC is nowhere to be found, and as an Eyefinity user I need that.

Tried 4 times now :bang:

EDIT

Working on the 5th time, re-downloaded and did a custom install instead of express.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've seen performance increase notes for games not even released yet in the past on drivers/caps :p

10. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I am probably missing something, but
    1) where is BETA 1?
    2) where is 13.2 BETA 8?

What in the hell is AMD doing with all this?

11. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    Lots of crashing with 13.3 beta2 on the desktop. IE10 do not like them, so back to 13.2 beta7

12. rgabriel15

rgabriel15 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB GDDR5
    1) I presume BETA 1 was that leaked 13.3 driver (15 February)
    2) There was no 13.2 BETA 8, since the last 13.2 was BETA 7.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Beta 1 might of been some internal thing inside AMD (neither publicly released or leaked)

Did 13.2 need a beta 8? A better question might be, where is 13.2 WHQL?

Regardless, I can't say I care, a newer driver is a newer driver :p

14. LiqMat

LiqMat Guest

GPU:
    Dual 6990M Crossfire
    Mechwarrior Online is performing worse with 13.3 Beta 2. Rolling back to 13.2 Beta 7.

15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

These drivers have a new low-level filter for the HD Audio Bus. Not sure if it gets installed or not, but the method for installing the Pci Bus driver also works fine (find the folder and manually install the inf).

Edit: CLBenchmark crashes on the first test now (it worked fine on 13.1 and 13.2)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Well, try to shift the perspective a little bit.
    People are most likely to create threads to report problems, hence why most of the threads would be about errors and problems.
    I'm not saying your statement about the AMD driver forum is wrong, but it's just the conclusion that's a bit skewed, because it's more or less the same story in Nvidia driver forum.

Anyway, 12.11 betas actually were unusable for me, because they'd BSOD Windows without fail every time Windows is starting to get into desktop.
    So, for me, 13.2 betas and (maybe) this one (haven't tried it yet) are better than 12.11 betas.

17. Balazsryche

Balazsryche Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7850 2GB
    custom game profiles not working for me. i used to set 4x supersampling for GTL/GTR2/RACE07, but now it's just like no aa at all. it worked well with previous drivers, now it only works if i adjust global profile. shame...

18. zizomania

zizomania Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    For me;

1-2 fps Drop in tomb raider

1-2 fps increase in far cry 3

A crash in assassins creed 3

So, Back to 13.2 beta 6

It is the best for me till now .

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    why were you expecting beta 8? did you see it announced somewhere? and yeah, I think "beta 1" was that 13.3 driver a few days ago, I might be wrong though.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    downloading now :)

Love new drivers.

I dont see what others are complaining about. AMD have seriously improved A LOT on their drivers since the never settle drivers released in November.

Every driver since then have improved things one way or another for me. But lets face it, AMD can't test EVERY configuration before releasing a driver same goes for any computer company.