New Xbox might have 8-core CPU, 8GB ram and Windows 8 kernel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    will be nice to see how these next-gen games will look, considering the games are tailored for the systems and the systems seem to be strong.

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    we are talking about pure gaming and cpu will be optimized only for that...

also we have no clue about the true origin of this cpu neither gpu...lets wait and see...loading times and smoothness of xbox360 at general gaming thing was much better than pc the year it firstly appeared on the market...so... ;)

3. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Most likely its made low power usage parts.
    No one will buy concole that sounds like circular saw in livingroom =)

My original AMD CPU cooler sounds like that and i hate it.. But no money no funny =)

I quess it will have 4 cores and somekind low quality integrated AMD 7xxx series GPU, cause console cant cost too much to build.

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    current AMD CPUs are not the ones unoptimized for games.

They are optimized for multitasking in general, but games do not multitask that much ._.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You wouldn't want to do that because when the physics aren't kicking around, you've got a useless core waiting on nothing. That would be poor design.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    let the speculating begin. I honestly dont care what they use at this point, So long as 1080p 60fps is the defacto standard. actual 1080p on HDTV you dont really need AA do to distance you sit from them 1080p on monitor another story seeing how close you sit to them,

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If PC's utilise the same version of the games as the new Xbox, due to them running Windows 8, it will be a detriment to PC users. For a start it won't be so much of a problem, but as PC technology improves console technology doesn't... like current gen consoles, they are quite low performing now). This means that eventually graphics and effect will suffer. That said, the opposite could be true IF fame developers don't become overly lazy. It would actually make it easier to make better PC versions with better graphics. Since they would only technicaly be making the game for 2 platforms (Windows 8 and PS4), it would advantage development of PC versions, and you could still just 'add' in better shader effects and textures etc for the PC installed version.

8. Parabola

Parabola Guest

GPU:
    82945G Express Chipset
    Hilbert when did you learn chinese? :D

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't see much happening in the way of PC tech in the next few years anyway, we are well into diminishing returns, and for a res like 19x10/12 i don't see PC's offering much more, if anything over the next gen consoles if things keep using traditional rendering.

PC gaming might be able to push the 4k TV thing though.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I'll take Smarter A.I. and more accurate physics over some stupid AA.

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I agree. Forget AA. But 1080p @ 60fps is a MUST.

12. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    LOL , yea right , under $500 and 300TDP it wont happen. Consoles are only made to push 30Fps .