Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    ^ This... The bones of the Wii U still have a lot of the original Wii in it.

It really makes you wonder why Nintendo didn't throw some Gamecube ports on it, and use a drive that could read Gamecube games.. So many missed opportunities with the Wii U. They could've kept the price the same and marketed as 3 consoles in one. Despite its age the Gamecube still has a strong following.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Keeping costs and size down I guess.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well Ninty are missing a bucket load of cash, i would drop serious cash on digital gamecube games just to run them from the wii-u dashboard.

4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Meh.. Nintendo had on their website in June N64 titles would come to Virtual Console and well.. They never did.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Gamecube.. Seems Nintendo just stopped caring about the VC besides NES and SNES

Edit: And it's still there

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/eshop/virtual-console

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Ha, no doubt bud, Nintendo, they sure are in no hurry. lol

Oh and a quick question, ok i have two HDD, a unpowered 320gig one that i use for my GC games, and a 1tb HDD that i use for my Wii games, no would it be possible for me to have both gc and wii games on the 1tb HDD, and if so i sssume i would need to make a partition, and if so would it matter what one i had first, i was thinking gc on the first partition and wii games on the second, do you know if that would work, any infoi would be appreciated bud.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    That's easy

FAT32 the drive

Gamecube games go in /games/
    Wii games go in /wbfs/

My /games/ folder for GC games (use Dios Mios Toolbox to transfer them)

http://i.imgur.com/KAUuiBb.png

My /wbfs/ folder for Wii games

http://i.imgur.com/t4agiwu.png

Obviously Wii games need to be in wbfs format (use Wii Backup Manager)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^So i just need to format the entire HDD to fat 32 and not bother with any partitions apart from those two folder.....cracking stuff, cheers bud.

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Exactly and if you use either program to transfer the games over they will auto split up any games larger than 4GB (FAT32 limitation) and will play fine.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Sitting here now for 4 hours putting all my games back onto the one HDD, long proccess but it will be good not to have to swap HDD not play them. :)

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    How did things turn out?

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Great, still cannot get the gameseek adapter towork, and i cannot get the gamecube games to appear in the usb loader so i can launch them from there, but all are on the one hdd, the wii-u pro controller works a treat, and i just launch nintendont from within the usb loader brew menu and away i go.

The gameseek adapter works a treat also on the dolphin emulator.

12. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This may sound simple but are you enabling USB Loader GX to display GameCube games?

ie: Click the icon that sorta looks like an NES to the right of ABC and ticking the "GC Games" box.. I've never had an issue with it displaying them

[​IMG]

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah i tried that, they appear with no issues on another usb loader, but that one does not seem to support nintendont, but no big deal, i can launch nintendont from within usb loader and the games all appear and run great, so just a niggle, and this is the best i have i have got it all running, so i dont want to go bugger it all up. lol

Wii-u is awesome, throw homebrew into the mix and the machine becomes a god, why the hell Ninty have not had a big digital gamecube release on the wii-u, with the surprise launch of a official gamecube wireless controller, then sit back and watch their profits soar is beyound me, th wii-u loves gamecube games, are they mad or what. lol

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Picked up NFS MW-U

I'm shocked how well this game looks on the Wii-U.. I was expecting major downgrades from the PC version but..

NOPE

[​IMG]

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    While the Wii U may not be the strongest, but the edram helps a lot with the visuals.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    They ported over the pc textures into the wii-u version.

17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Obviously.. :)

It's weird. Of all ports.. An EA one is one of the best ports I've seen. Just shows when a developer puts their mind to it the Wii-U can deliver graphically on a Next-Gen(ish) level.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Damn those graphics remind me of the graphics of GTA V on the PS3/Xbox360.

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I really hate that the Wii-U sucks so much.. I mean just look at all these crappy games I've been "forced" to buy and enjoy and not instantly trade in.

[​IMG]

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Mario Party 10 sucks.. Worse one easily..

Got my Amiibo bundle in the mail today.. This game is bad.. Nothing imaginative about it.. No "story mode".. The normal Mario Party mode is about as cut and dry as you get

Select it
    Pick character
    Pick Board
    Level starts

No grand entrance.. No attempt to add a story line or any kind of atmosphere.. Just pick a board and go

Bowser mode is boring and unimaginative also. Nearly the same concept as above except you spend most of your time watching 4 CPU players play and random mini games to keep them from advancing to you.

This might be the most boring Mario Party I've ever played...

Also.. The having to randomly switch between the Gamepad and Wiimote annoying as hell