ATI equivalent to nvidia inspector

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by !KuPo!, May 8, 2012.

1. !KuPo!

!KuPo! Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 3GB
    Is there an ati equivalent to nvidia inspector that allows changing for individual game settings? I've heard of RadeonPro but it looks like development has stopped.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been wondering the same.

3. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    True, Radeon Pro's devlopment has stopped. But, it is still fuctional due to AMD using the same basic naming formats for its features (and not really adding anything new).

I use it with my 7950 and it works just fine. It is not as full featured as NV Inspector, but it is a thousdand-fold better then AMD's Catalyst Control Center.

You're safe to go ahead and use it. For the time being, it is the only thing we have and it is a really good program.

Bats

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    RP still 'works' for the most part

also CCC has had game profiles (just for setting CCC settings per game) for almost half a year now

atitraytools is an RP alternative, not sure how development or support with brand new cards is there

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ATT has been having issues with newer drivers that removed the old soft-powerplay OC interfaces (the missing DLLs)

Its still being developed, but incredibly slowly.

Radeon pro still works well however.

6. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    In the past 1 1/2 years, have there been any new tools that properly allowed me to assign profiles per game. I really really REALLY hate the catalyst driver tools. they are horrible, restrictive and dont have many options to choose from. basic and unintuitive - who knew?

with that being said: BUMP :D

7. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Well, something that I gotta say about AMD is that most games just "work", no setup required.

What I mean by that is, when I used to have nvidia cards I had to fine tune driver settings for each individual game.

Nearly ALL games I've ever played with nvidia cards had some finicky needs.

Like this game can't run with HQ setting, this one needs a FPS cap, this one you need to enhance AA, not override, this one needs a special AA flag that someone pulled from magic hashes etc etc.

I've noticed that with AMD I barely have to do anything. Usually I just mess with the AA if I have to, and that's it.

With that said, I wish that the driver interface was better, It's kinda clunky to use. And AMD should become more lax about it's code so that people can make better 3rd party software for it.

Catalyst and all of the 3rd party software makes me feel I'm back at year 2000 windows 98 style software, specially ATI tray tools.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You can use generic tools like old "3D Analyzer" a "D3DOverrider". But it really depends on what you want to tweak/break.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Radeon Pro is fully functional, and the developer has said he will fix anything that AMD breaks with driver updates

It has a very robust profiling system.

It effectively sits ontop of CCC, so its doesnt override those profiles or the driver tweaks AMD has included.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, where did he say this at?

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
  12. Vindaloo

Vindaloo Guest

GPU:
    R7850 2Gb CF 1000/5000
    Really hope Radeonpro starts making some real money from it because theres nothing quite as good, AMD/Ati should be paying this dude, Radoenpro sorts alot of driver issues with games I have found, fixing choppy-ness etc.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    He works for Raptr now, they just hired him.