ForceWareUltra x86 84.37 WHQL *BETA* - Download & discuss

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Menion, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    ForceWareUltra 84.37 WHQL *BETA*
    for Windows 2000/XP (x86 - 32bit) - Powered by FWU Installer 1.2

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Quick install instructions
    • Download installer package
    • Run installer and choose which components to install
    • Choose to do a full driver clean-up
    • When asked to reboot, click yes!
    • After reboot installation will continue automatically
    • Choose 'Yes' when asked to install uncertified driver
    • Reboot computer and the drivers should have been installed!
    Note: When you're manually editing the settings in the control panel, make sure only to touch the AA and AF settings, and leave the rest. It might screw the tweakings made by the installer.

More information
    News, updates and more can be found at this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1731974

Beta installer - Disclaimer
    This installer is in beta, so there might be bugs. I don't take any responsibility for what might happen to you or your computer by using it. You may wonder why I don't wait to release until it's stable. The answer is simple; I need your help to be able to make it stable. Since I'm no super mega corporation like NVIDIA I don't have the range of hardware to test on. So if you want to help me beta test, you're welcome to play the part for Guinea Pig!

Best regards,

Menion

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  2. Yoummy

Yoummy New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128MB SLI
    does not work with PCI-Express SLI... did not find my 2 6600 GT cards...

3. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Would you mind paste the install log? install.log from the installation directory...

4. Yoummy

Yoummy New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128MB SLI
    No log file in the programfiles/Forwareultra folder :(
    It removes my old drivers
    tells me to reboot.. so i do so...
    it starts up after reboot but tells me that it does not find any videocards...

5. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Oh... Hmm... Do this: Reinstall original drivers, run installation again, but skip the clean-up part! That should work!

6. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Menion have you found any diffrence between 84.37 and 84.43 with your card?

7. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    I haven't even tried them out :p

8. Baxter29

Baxter29 Guest

GPU:
    bfg 7800 gtx x 2 sli
    alright I m happy now couldnt get your last set too run ...this set ran fine except after blinkin out for second card in my sli setup went black stayed black ..hit reset button rebooted your mod had installed , balanced mode ,was runnin xgs 8437 set before ...ran ntune was scoring 220 yours 228 !!thats good jump (how`d you do that?) ran css stress test ran fine with this set it increased a few points played Halflife Death Match yep this is a fast set ..way to go Im a believer now keep at it Menion you will become popular

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  9. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    I'm happy it worked out for you in the end. About your SLI-rig, I'm not as lucky as you so I don't own one (yet) ;) - so it's kinda hard for me to really test if it works or not... What do you mean with the blinkin' and then went black? You never got it to work in SLI-mode or what?

10. Baxter29

Baxter29 Guest

GPU:
    bfg 7800 gtx x 2 sli
    you know while drivers are installing you hit continue screen goes black for a second..with sli you have two cards ..blinks out for first comes back to desktop ask me to continue for second card blinks out again is`nt coming bac to desktop after installing second card stays black cant hit dialog box to reboot ...so i just hit reset button on front of computer ..and yes after reboot both cards are installed ..yes sli installs ...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006

11. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    i think i know what he means, its the part where the driver in being installed and the fans kick down to idle, the screen then blacks out and flicks back on, Hmm the 1st card is operating properly and flicking off then back on but the 2nd card is hanging. Am i right?

when it goes blank and hangs have you tried hitting ENTER, cos straight after the screen flicks off then back on, its the restart screen where it asks do you want to restart now or later and the OK button is highlited.

12. Baxter29

Baxter29 Guest

GPU:
    bfg 7800 gtx x 2 sli
    yes 2nd card hanging i tried enter tried escape still gotta reboot manually

13. caseira

caseira New Member

GPU:
    EVGA / 8600GT / 256MB
    This time worked fine for me. Didn't bench anything yet.

14. astha zala

astha zala New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP @ 550/1085
    How do I uninstall this driver? I don't see nvidia drivers or anything related to it on my add/remove control panel?

15. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    its listed as forceware ultra drivers

16. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    I am pretty sure I can't do anything about this since it's not related to the installer itself. It's how Windows is handling the installation of the devices... But thanks for the info. I'll check around and see what can be done...

17. CASH

CASH Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8600GT
    The only way it worked for me was to install the regular 84.37 driver and then install your set.Thats not really the way i like to do things but so far seems to be working ok.Have you ever though about just totally rethinking the way you are making the installer because the way it is now doesnt work very good.Anyway thanks for the driver and good luck bro.

18. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    That's true... It's the clean-up process that screws it up... Seems it cleans a bit too good, so even the computer doesn't know it's a display device that's installed ;) well well... I'm working on a secondary installation method, that will kick in if the primary fails.. Hopefully it will work!

19. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Just thought I'd let you know it doesn't install on a ti 4200. yes yes I know it's an ancient card, but I'm reduced to using my old rig for a while while I'm rma'ing... just in case any gf4 users were thinking about these drivers.

I didn't try installing over old drivers though, so it might work that way.

20. CASH

CASH Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8600GT
    Thats awesome because i love the drivers just not the hassle keep up the great work :)