Download Watch Dogs - TheWorse Mod v1.0 Final

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You can now download Watch Dogs TheWorse Mod v1.0 final release, his mod for Ubisoft's open world title Watch Dogs.The mod bring improved textures, some E3 effects and well, a whole lot more. This ...

Download Watch Dogs - TheWorse Mod v1.0 Final

2. Pituto

Pituto Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Zotac GTX 970
    Thanks! You are working hard! The best mod! ( but, the only i used ^^ )

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. doomiz

doomiz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Is it just me or the game actually looks worse while running this mod?

4. Pituto

Pituto Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Zotac GTX 970
    It works perfect for me.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Thanks for the 1.0 Final Version. I just have a couple of questions.
    Does TheWorse Mod 1.0 Final include the latest Watch Dogs Update?
    If not will the Mod work if the latest Update is installed?
    I am not sure how the Mod works ( i know how to install it) for example is it based on the first update?
    or is the Mod independent and the Updates do no not interfere with it..
    So basically i install the game, let it update after installation is finished then copy and paste the patch.fat and patch.dat files to the data_win64 folder.

Just i check of what info i need only a couple of things..

1.TheWorse Mod 1.0 Final working with first update only or with second as well.
    2.After installation should i first start the game without the MOD, set up my graphics options then quit to desktop so a GamerProfile.xml can be created in My Documents WATCH DOGS folder, then apply the TheWorse Mod v1.0 Final then re-launch the game and start playing.
    3.Can i apply the mod directly after installation then start Watch dogs, setup my graphics options and start playing.
    4.After i apply my desired in game graphics options do i need to quit first,
    when the GamerProfile.xml is created for the first time and set it to read only..

By the way i have used previous versions of the TheWorse Mod before the second update and i really loved all the unlocked and enhanced graphics added.

As we already all know by now,the E3 demo Ubisoft displayed which was running on a PC featuring a lot of graphics effects that made the game look visually stunning.
    On top of that Watch Dogs resembled an open world type of game like Grand Theft Auto,
    that a very large base of gamers where looking forward to it's release making it a must have title of the year..
    I believe that a lot of us pre-ordered the gamed only to find out upon its release that Ubisoft's Watch Dogs had performance issues and looked nothing like the E3 Demo that they where expecting,
    making a lot of users disappointed and let down once more at the already hated Ubisoft adding another title in their list of its bad optimization of pc ports.
    It had very demanding gpu power to run fluent even at lower settings along stuttering mainly due to bad optimization of the use of very high texture quality that demanded 3gb of vram that even Nvidia 6gb cards as well as AMD 4gb gpu's could not handle it without very bad stuttering even until today with the so called performance improvements in the release notes of the update Watch Dogs actually performed worse making it even more taxing on the gpu.
    Anyway..
    Thanks to Modders they discovered that most of the graphics effects from the E3 Demo where actually still there in the game files and slowly started unlocking them.
    Also confirmed by us that Ubisoft had actually downgraded the quality of the pc version removing the E3 graphics effects intentionally to show off that $400 console (PS4) can look and perform as well as a very high end $3,000 PC.

Thanks in advance...and sorry for my long post..

6. CuteSloth

CuteSloth Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia geforce GTX 770
    Problem with ne new update

the new update allows you to hack your friends but with the mod installed if you go to the menu disappears "hack your friend"

7. NicoCaldo

NicoCaldo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 550Ti 1.5Gb
    Will be his MOD compatible for the latest update of WD with the DLC BadBlood?

8. Xessive

Xessive Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 780M
    It does not seem to be compatible with BadBlood.

The main menu is missing some text and even if you manage to get to the New Game or Continue option it doe snot load. It just sits on the loading screen indefinitely.

I'm sure it will be resolved soon enough.

9. Skelete

Skelete Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 760 DCII/2GB 256
    How do i disable the bloom please ?In 0.8 we can disable with config tool, but how do i disable in 1.0 ? Its annoying like having eyesight problems

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  10. game3source

game3source Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 4gb
    The mod is great ,but the lighting is bad. I personally don't mind the bloom in the background but the brightness just ruins everything. I am using the 0.99v version because the official one is too bright. Using 0.99v i have set the brightness to 0 and still the environment is lighter then normal ( at night everything is ok, kinda). Awesome mod but the brightness needs to be fix. I appreciate your work very much, i am leaving this comment as a feedback from my experience.

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Dang Hilbert, you really know how to draw in a ton of new posters in a matter of seconds.

edit: you guys should check out this subforum, it probably has all the answers you need.

12. robluk3833

robluk3833 Guest

GPU:
    12gb
    I've never had eye problems. But sometimes I wearing glasses, and everything I saw blurry. In this mod, I see a blur 10 meters from me. As if I had vision problems.

The creator of this mod, instead of sitting all the time at the computer, I suggest you go out each time in the city and look around. It really fascinates me that you are not able to read the inscription on advertising, which is 20 meters away from you.

And for a people who delight this, I suggest a visit to the eye doctor.

Do you really believe in such realism?

Sorry my mistake, I checked thoroughly. Font size as my head size, I'm not able to read from a distance of 10 running steps.

Really worse

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    10/10 pointless necro

14. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    More like 20/20 lol

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Hah zing!

[​IMG]

16. Major_Kalu

Major_Kalu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 TFIII
    Hello, the game will be free tomorrow and I want to play with the newcomers of the area and do some hacking in the beginners. Is there any more recent Graphics Mod than these? Thank you.

17. aaronth07

aaronth07 Guest

GPU:
    Private
    It seems that when this mod is installed it makes transparent textures (like leaves and grass) flicker. When the mod isn't installed this doesn't happen.