AMD Catalyst 13.10 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 September 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    Installed this driver with no CCC, for the first time i had a serious problem with my gpu. While my pc was in idle state i had a black screen with no error message, so i restarted my pc, at the reboot i noticed that already in the bios screen there was a lot of artifact. I have 2 different OS (Win 7, Win XP) on two different HDD, and i had problem to boot both of them (artifact). The fact is that i installed 13.10 beta 2 only on the Win 7 HDD, so i guess that my card could be broken. It's possible that the problem it's driver related, or i have to buy a new gpu?

ps: after that, i uninstalled on both os the ati driver (atiman, ccleaner), but nothing has been solved.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Have you been messing with your memory timings at all? Pool header is part of windows memory management.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If artifacts appear in the BIOS you can pretty guarantee the card is faulty. You didn't do anything else like maybe clean the card or something?

4. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Indeed, I'm pretty sure it's not chrome as well.

A Chrome update might however be the cause of the issue becoming less noticable, because they have either spread process loading over multiple threads, or generally improved loading times and performance, or decreased access delays, dunno, just guessing.

Try going back to 13.4, if the issue is completely gone you know for sure it's a driver issue.

I went back and forth between 13.4 and 13.10B1 multiple times, had mouse stutters while loading browsers, Dxtory, CM Storm, a bunch of other programs, Civilization V. Also gave all drivers inbetween these versions a chance, but same problems occur. All mouse issues consistently disappear after going back to 13.4.

I am on Windows 7 x64 however, no idea how it behaves on Win8.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

5. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    No mouse stutter here with win7 x64 and any driver. Have a mx518 mouse.

6. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    cleaned the card after the artifact problem, didn't solve anything. Changed with an old geforce 9400gt, waiting for a new videocard (650ti boost 2gb probably)

7. Martinfield

Martinfield Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
    I can tell you that I've had this on all drivers after 13.4, and I recently went on an installing spree and it's the same with 13.10b on win7 x64, win8 x64 and win8.1 x64 :(

8. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    thanks a lot mate.

9. FedeRSX

FedeRSX Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB
    :O
    Thanks

10. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    Not sure AMD would even care but COD4 now crashes everytime I try to run it with the 13.10 beta drivers. (Yes people still play this... I play it almost every other friday at my in-laws house with some of our friends.)

11. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Playing Bf4 with 13.8's worked fine, had no issues, but reading some of the comments here I was eager to try these drivers with my single 7970 (mild overclock 1050/1520).

Using the 13.8's I got around 5 matches in Bf4 before updating the drivers. No issues at all.

I downloaded the latest Display Driver uninstaller, ran it in safe mode, used the recommended setting to uninstall, restarted, windows 8 installed the default wddm drivers, I installed the 13.10 B2's on top (as I couldnt remove the wddm's), and now..

Bf4 has crashed each time I've played it. Either at the map, or in gameplay.

[​IMG]

It's either the uninstaller or the driver, as before, everything was fine.

Help!

12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think it is the game, as it point out the faulting module is bf4, not dll, and it can also your overclock causing it too.

And the exception code also point out it can be bf4 issues, but you can try update the punkbuster, as it has start using when it(beta) is open to everyone.

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    A cleaner such as DDU should not be able to cause an issue. You may need to revert back to 13.8 and Test for errors. Also I noticed you overclock your computer CPU and probably the Memory revert it back to the stock settings and try playing the Game again.

14. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Your overclock could be just at the edge, changing drivers could make that worse since some stress the gpu more than other drivers.

15. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I was crashing in BF4 and believe it or not, updating punkbuster solved it..

16. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    This driver seems to be borked when it comes to using 2 monitors.

I've got my main monitor on BF4 through a HDMI and my secondary for the BF4 battlescreen running through a D-Sub to DVI converter.

The main monitor is fine but the secondary monitor tends to work when it wants to with these drivers, Sometimes on a cold boot it works, Other times... blank screen with no signal :bugeye:

Is 13.9 Any good in BF4?

17. raysin

raysin Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 to 290X
    I haven't tried BF4 with any other drivers than this but these drivers suck.

BF4's auto video settings says I should be on "high" mode but I lag so bad so I switched it to low settings and I lag just as bad, under 40 fps and massive stuttering. Ping is less than 50.

I thought it might have been the 64 man server but i went to a 32 and it still sucked.

:(

18. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    this is one of the best drivers for battlefield 3 and 4 probably too...
    as iam not able to run bf4 yet...
    good work!!! thanks god :)

19. OmegaX

OmegaX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980ti
    Crossfire in BF4 beta isn't working properly for me. I get lower FPS and more stuttering with both cards enabled. It runs OK on a single 6970, but only in the 30-45 fps range.

Anyone with crossfire 6xxx series cards have similar issues? This latest driver supposedly includes a profile for BF4, but it's clearly not working. I'm going to be bummed if I get the same results once the game is released.

20. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    Same exact issue here... the BF4 Crossfire profile actually makes it worse!! :bang:

I used Fraps to run a 300 second benchmark... check it out:

-- i5 3570k @ 4.4 Ghz
    -- 2 x PowerColor 7870 XT (Tahiti) in CrossfireX @ 1150/1550
    -- Catalyst 13.10beta2 drivers
    -- Windows7 x64
    -- Ultra Preset (4x MSAA and Vert Sync = ON) @ 1080p
    -- 64-player Conquest (after building has fallen!)

With CrossfireX Enabled:
    Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
    15129, 300000, 36, 89, 50.430

With CrossfireX Disabled:
    Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
    15746, 300000, 16, 97, 52.487