i7 3770k compatibility

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by ozdennisb, May 20, 2013.

1. ozdennisb

ozdennisb Member

GPU:
    Intel 4000
    Which is best Mobo for an i7 3770K CPU, given that I need UEFI, displayport, USB 3.O only, voice-to-text input. but do not want inbuilt GPU or WiFi, which are in UP7? I will be grateul for all comments.

2. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    budget?

3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Both are in most boards nowadays, and both are easily switched off in the bios.
    It's in fact handy to have onboard graphics for when you get problems with your current videocard.
    Anyway, my system detected the 7970 and disabled the onboard by default.

Looking for the best board is a matter of price/performance.

Get a deluxe board if you can afford it, otherwise, look for available power phases. The more there are, the better it is. Or else if there are less, they should be of high quality.

Stay away from LE boards and the likes if you like to overclock.
    If you don't oc, then the Asus P8Z77-V could be viable.

4. ozdennisb

ozdennisb Member

GPU:
    Intel 4000
    Thanks syidi and flow, for your advice. Budget is not the crtical issue. I need to get it right technically, without wasting money on an overkill, or restricting useage in an entry level mobo. Overclocking is not of interest, but reliability and capacity in audio and video is vip for video conferencing and voice-to text.. I do not think i need Giga Z77 UD7H, nor wi fi. Am i right in thinking that GA UD5H is more reliable than the equivalent Asus or is it simply a matter of personal choice?

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Since the iGPU is most likely integrated into the CPU, your system not having one will be hard to get. But you can always disable it.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Both reliable brands, and you don't need a top of the range mobo to overclock Ivybridge.

The UD5H is a nice board.

7. ozdennisb

ozdennisb Member

GPU:
    Intel 4000
    Thankyou for this comment, but I am not quite sure what is meant. (I am the dummy in the book, PC build for Dummies.) As I understand it, between i7 3770K and Z77X UD5H there are inbuilt video and audio capacity ... Am I wrong in assuming that if the required performance is inadequate (I assume that it will be adequate in both), then I can add cards, bypass the default and thereby improve performance? Thanks again for your input.

8. ozdennisb

ozdennisb Member

GPU:
    Intel 4000
    Thankyou Hallryu,
    I think I will run with i7 3770K and UD5H. When the PC is build, i shall invite you all to the 'go live.' Since i am in Melbourne Aus., I shall no doubt need to fly you down under, all expenses paid. (lol).

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Haha, that will be at least a 21 hour flight for me :cheers:

Anyway, the difference between asus and Gigabyte is small and personal. I'm happy with asus boards for a while now and they have a nice and easy bios.
    Having owned several msi boards I was reluctant to get an asus one, but never regretted it.

The GA UD5H is a good board, and on a side note, I have onboard audio disabled and run it through a xfi soundblaster card. It's probably not better, but I like the card and it does what I need. Further more I have always disabled bluetooth if available. Windows will simply not detect it when disabled.
    Same for extra sata ports from marvell or the likes, you can disable them or use them. But either way it doesn't really make things better or worse.

Things to look for are available usb ports on the backplate, pci lanes when crossfiring or sli and the afformentioned power phases.
    And ofcourse reviews from the board you eventually pick.

Cheers mate. :cheers:

10. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Asus Sabertooth z77 UEFI, displayport, USB 3.O & 2.0

11. ozdennisb

ozdennisb Member

GPU:
    Intel 4000
    Thanks Sabbath. Any suggestions regarding best RAM for use with a GA UD5H board?

12. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Since Sandy Bridge, Intel has embedded an IGP into their CPU's. The SB cpu's had an HD3000 series GPU onboard, and the IvyBridge cpu's have an integrated HD4000 series onboard. It can be disabled (for Z68, Z77, etc) in the UEFI just like previous integrated chips that weren't embedded into the CPU.

More:
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033757.htm

Last edited: May 29, 2013