Worrying temperatures, help

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by abdullah_mag, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    AS5 was good 5-10 years ago, it has downsides like being conductive, there are many better pastes out now.

2. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Tuniq TX-2 is great too if you want something non conductive. Conductivity in thermal paste is only bad if you're messy. I've never had an issue with Arctic Silver because I only put it where it belongs, on the lid of the processor.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Proligmatech or Indigo Extreme is the way to go in 2014. We are talking less than a degree difference even with the finest pastes.

4. abdullah_mag

abdullah_mag Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 675m
    i don't know what the thermal paste selection is like in here since i've never had to use them.
    can you guys like give me a list of the good thermal pastes out there from best to least best?

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Arctic Silver 5,
    MX-4,
    IC Diamond,
    Prolimatech PK-3,
    and the best of the best is Indigo Extreme

However, indigo extreme is a little risky to use, as you need to allow your CPU to reach its shutdown temperature for it to work. It basically melts the Indigo Extreme onto your CPU creating an almost perfect covering of the CPU and has the best thermal conductivity of any paste out there... oh and its not a paste either, and its also EXTREMELY expensive.

Back on topic,

OP have you maybe tried running a virus scanner. Maybe sounds like you have a bitcoin miner installed somewhere. Run Malewarebytes and see what it comes up with, worth a shot seen as no one else has mentioned it.

6. abdullah_mag

abdullah_mag Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 675m
    no not a bitcoin, i scan every 2 weeks, just ran a scan yesterday, nothing.

i did however use intel extreme tuning utility to lower the processor multipliers from 36x at one core, 35x at two cores, and 34x at three and four cores, to 32x for all cores, temps never go above 91 (15 min stress test).

7. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    laptops...

8. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    It's not conductive, it's slightly capacitive and it's as good as it has ever been.