FxaaInjectTool released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mineria, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    are you running any overlays? steam, evga precision etc?

edit: nvm, it's SMAA that dosn't work with overlays.

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Nope. I also tried InjectSMAA by (Mrhaandi), the dx9 - 10 shaders and it crashed. I tired InjectFXAA running Crysis in dx9 mode since it's only supported at the moment with InjectFXAA and crashed. It's funny, I use radeon pro sometimes and the only game it don't like is Rage; It's probably not opengl compatible. Other than that, no overlays.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Crysis SMAA working

Put the DLL in the BIN folder and copy the rest to the main Crysis folder.This works without crashing for me with Crysis 1 and Crysis 2.
    Also overlays do work with SMAA and FXAA.

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    weird! i was getting crashing using SMAA until i disabled my overlays ... then it worked great after that.

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    how would this work for BF3? i would love to use SMAA, but i need my evga overlay ...

6. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    That works, but causes colored water corruption, and the performance hit is bigger than 2x Anti-aliasing while offering about the same visual quality.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Dx10 and 11 can use the same HLSL
    Some of the shaders already work with v. 5, but still need to get the rest to play along.
    I have a version that already runs with Lotro (dx11) and AoC(dx10), but not as smooth as it should.
    So will fix that first and then making single universal shader files (like bloom containing the code for dx9,10,11 and OGL), so you guys don't need to add more data than needed for it.
    There also seems to be a problem with the dll's not working for some games, since it works if it is injected via Tommti Tool.
    If someone would make a driver like that for fxaa... that would really do a lot.
    No need for dll, centralized install and.. GAME PROFILES!
    How cool would that be?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  8. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Be that as it may one has to wonder why these features don't function for DX applications. I'm guessing compatibility and the lack of standards compliance.

9. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    NV's FXAA works in DX, it's OGL exclusivity was short lived.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    NV's FXAA works for some DX games.
    I tried to force it on SWTOR, but it doesn't trigger at all.
    Injection got in but then the loadscreen just keeps loading, so my guess is we would need an option for when to apply it, so that it can coop with some games internal shader.

11. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Mineria, I was curious if you could further the maximum setting for the bloom width parameter? When set to the max, it certainly gives the image a rather intense exposure, but I would expect the width parameter when turned up to produce something like the image below. I realize the glowy bloom look is often overdone in games these days, but it would be nice if the max setting allowed for a bit of it.

http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/guides/witcher-2-tweak/6_1-Bloom-On.jpg

ENB's bloom implementation is almost the opposite however, it just adds a glow to everything bright or not, which doesn't look good at all, imo.

12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    that FXAA injector is going to get all injectors banned sooner or later. it adjust the brightness of the sun's glare etc, so i can see DICE seeing it as a cheat cause, in a way it is. if i'm blinded by the sun and you aren't because of the FXAA injector people will be calling cheat!

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I bet you can adjust the graphics so much down in DICE so you won't get that sun effect.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Have you tried to chain it up with HDR and Tonemap?
    Usually you chain those 3 to get a nice realistic effect.
    I will look into it thou, atm. looking for a DX10 game to test with.

15. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Appreciate it, thanks!

16. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Is there any sharpen process with SMAA (or FXAA) , which does the following

1. Which works either on the lines of SMAA (or FXAA) to detect edges (Edge_Detect)
    2. But instead of AA effect to be executed, the function will exclude this area_band (at half the thickness) and apply sharpen filter over the remaining entire screen. {noting that the color values for sharpness values can be extracted from this area_band for calculating sharpness on adjacent set of pixels, but the feature should not overwrite anything on those area_band_half_thickness pixels themselves)
    3. Now utilize the area_band (full thickness) marked up by Edge_Detect to apply Anti Aliasing effect of SMAA (or FXAA)

Note: Obviously this type of method would have to be tethered exclusively to one single method of Post-AA process, either to SMAA (or FXAA).

---

Or is it already possible?. (will the effect look good?, bcs i oddly think it might)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    does this work with Swtor yet? I want to try the bloom effect onthis cause swtor in game bloom effect have bigger performance then puting aa on

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Only if you untick the 2GB flag in swtor.exe.
    Did some rework on the HDR with version 6, this time while testing it with SWTOR :D
    Also remember to disable SWTOR's AA.

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents/tag/FXAA Tool Hg6

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black