Total Biscuit Vs CR Infringement Based YT Censorship

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Humanoid_1, Oct 21, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, who cares anyway? it's a sh1t game nobody cares about.

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Exactly.

No one cares about the game, just like no one cares about how you completely missing the point of the whole debacle. =b

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wouldn't call it debacle. Because it's so low key that really it's blown out of proportion. I'm not missing anything either. I just don't care. Things like this happen a lot, trust me. And worse things.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Youtube sucks with copyright claim and it needs changes. At least this time, the claimer do have rights to the content unlike the russian opera singer incident few months back.

Also, if what TB said is truth, then this is not about monetizing copyright material but rather censorship on negative review. The CEO is either plain stupid and ignorance or flat out lying. All video from TB are monetized like every other single review site.

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    That was half of his point.

Of course worse things happen. But how does that matter?

6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yer that's only half the issue. You should have watched the second half of the video that has nothing to do with this s**t game.

It's about the industry, Youtube and not allowing critique of games.

EDIT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpa4xrXgAm4

Why YT needs a change.

7. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Thanks for the extra link HonoredShadow.

This backs up many of Total Biscuit's comments.

Also interesting to hear about his experiences especially with Sony. That should have been sorted out Quick Time... but they just don't care about the damage they do to small channels.
    - funny how having a "readership" of 75,000 is considered virtually irrelevant these days -.-"

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    If Birgirpall is shut down, youtube has no meaning.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They don't care about youtubers. If a magazine or the big boys like gamespot were affected they would've been very quick but individuals don't have any value to them. Backward attitudes ..

F Nukemdukem though .. lol. That guy spams forums all the time with his vids including this one until he got the banhammer :p

10. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Total Biscuit's awesome. I always trust his reviews, unless its just a genre I don't like. If the game is bad you'l know about it lol.

Make a bad game, get a bad review, live with it. Makes for better games in the long run instead of the industry just being a big cash grab. This sh*t pisses me off tbh, call them out as much as possible, it needs to be exposed and fixed at least on Youtube's end, where it can be.

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't know why everyone is blaming YouTube for this. They are covering there @ss from lawsuits.
    What needs to change is copyright law.

12. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Lol this I remember him on here, nothing but spamming his videos and I can't stand his bloody voice either

13. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    of course, that is the root cause. But youtbue is not faultless. In this case, well, TB did used copyrighted material. So that is for him to resolve with the developer or provide evidence to show otherwise. However, the incident few months back with the russian opera singer is clearly youtubes fault. It is their method of auto strike first regardless if the claimer have the rights for the video.

14. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    You're cynical, no wonder you dont like TB :p
    But yeah its a small incident like you say. however it has much more far reaching implications. I actually have a RL friend who though he's not well known he's got ~100k subs and has been doing the whole monetize thing for about a year now and he's been sitting on 2 completely random Sega infractions simply because a certain sega game is mentioned in the DESCRIPTION. He has no means or contacts that will help him clear those, so should some company decide to pull off another mass ban/video blocking out their ass and he happens to have a mention of one of their games in a vid of his, he's done, no more.

Anyway it's a youtube specific thing but when a minor league dev can do something like that imagine what a big massive publisher could potentially do and easily get away with. (nintendo an sega already have done just that btw) I don't think the whole incident deserves any further attention than what it's already gotten tho.

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    This.

My sides hurt watching their 'I broke' FarCry 3 and Star Trek videos.
    Also that one with the 'genuine machine gun sound fx'. *yatatatatatatat*

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    No mater if you hate TB or not, this isn't about TB, but the danger of this crap becoming a precedent...

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Exactly what laws are problematic and needs to change?

Fair use is pretty... "fair" already. It's youtube's blanket 'ass covering' that's most problematic and ignoring already existing laws that were meant to protect these lines of work (reviews/criticism).

18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU: