AMD FX 9370 and 9590 reviews?

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by phaT-X, Oct 14, 2015.

1. phaT-X

phaT-X Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    I know that some people think the FX 9370 and 9590 need not be reviewed, due to it being an overclocked / high wattage AMD FX 8350/8370 processor, but truthfully I wish it would be reviewed, especially here @ Guru3D, even though I believe most are Intel supporters. For any old school members, if you recall, AMD was once top dog and could easily regain that title again, but this is not an Intel vs AMD thing.

I would just like to see performance benchmarks pitting the FX 9370 and FX 9590 against both Intel and AMD processors, just like all the other processor reviews have been done.

I owned an AMD FX 8350, and overall I like my 9370 much better and can tell it does have performance benefits over my FX 8350, especially in some of the Futuremark benchmarks, and I OC'd my FX 8350, but have not really tried pushing my FX 9370. Just curious to see a few benchmark reviews with these processors as all previous reviews have been done.

Btw, I run my AMD 9370 "air cooled" and have NO issues what so ever with overheating or even close to overheating. The FX 9590 may be different cause of the slightly higher clocks, perhaps voltages too, but my CoolerMaster Gemini-II heatpipe cooler with the fan it comes with cools it just fine. It does run warmer than my FX 8350, but I am still well within a decent temperature. Currently my idle temp as I type this is 43ÂșC, which is not bad considering it's said it "must be" water cooled. If you have a good case with enough cooling abilities, the FX 9370 can be air cooled.

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
  3. 22JHP

22JHP Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 7900xtx
    phenomII's max temp 62 C.Fx series can go 70-75 degrees.

4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2467

This is wrong, the 6 and 4 cores allow up to 70 and immediately throttle to keep that but the 8 cores should not exceed 61 even.

In general it is very unclear however since AMD temp readings are always inaccurate since they use a calculation for it and not an actual sensor.

5. 22JHP

22JHP Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 7900xtx
    that's internet info i'm using it and i saw 70 C in the bios when i set 5 ghz 1.55v for 8320 and i'm sure it's hotter in the benchs.

there is a problem the sensors.idle 19 C it's imposibble in 23 C enviroment but if you heat up a little it shows correct temp.

6. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    My buddy purchased the FX-9590 a while back from NewEgg. It comes with a watercooler and to be honest it stink. There was no overclocking potential, and right out of the box the temperatures were so high it was absolutely terrible. It would constantly blue screen on stock speeds.

He ended up returning it to NewEgg and buying an 8350 and just buying a Kraken watercooler with the cost difference and overclocking the 8350 to 4.6GHz and hasn't had a problem since.

AMD just made a bad decision with the 9590.... Not a good processor at all.

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I had the Fx 9370 for a while on a formula-z board and was using a CoolerMaster Seidon 120 to cool it, Temps were ok for the most part but to be honest I didnt see a reason to oc anymore it was running happily at 4.7Ghz I did not need it to be any faster then it was so I was happy.
    It was a little faster then my 8350 but you can only notice these things in Benchmarks, very hard to see a d9iffrence in everyday usage.I am fairly confident I was able to hit 5ghz with a better cooler.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I absolutely love my 9590. I don`t use the included cooler tho cause it blows. I use Corsair CoolIt unit. Works awesome. And my son has the exact same setup and his rocks as well. We have had awesome performance using the 9590s. Go figure. ;p