So this 4yr old shoots 6yr old in the face

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by cowie, Apr 9, 2013.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Dont start with the guns crap
    wth did he live in a sportshop or what?
    no wait even sport shops aint got loaded weapons within reach of kids
    poor kids man

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130409/US--Boy.Shot/

TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) — A 4-year-old child who brought a gun outside his home shot and seriously wounded a 6-year-old neighbor when the weapon somehow discharged as they played together, authorities said Tuesday.
    The child got the .22-caliber rifle from inside his home in Toms River in southern New Jersey and it discharged accidently around 6:40 p.m. Monday, Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato said during a news conference. The wounded child was about 15 yards away from the younger one at the time.
    The younger child's mother then called 911 to report the shooting, Coronato said.
    The wounded child was shot in the head and hospitalized in serious condition, and further details on his injuries were not disclosed. The younger child was not hurt.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Nice to leave loaded weapons around the house for your 4 year old kid to grab.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    new jersey too lol

4. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno 3d + POV GTX 580 SLI
    So irrisponsible

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Why the hell was there a loaded gun that the kid could get to any time I have my friends over that have kids all my guns are unloaded and put way out of reach, plus they aren't aloud in my bedroom anyways. This is an unfortunate event that happened truly because of lack of education.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's 2 kids traumatized....and a pair of irresponsible parents that need to face severe consequences....

7. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Even with education, children and guns just do not go well together.

Even if they know how a gun works, children are still unable to comprehend long-term consequences. Look at all the laws we have in place to protect children from that in the case of sex and relationships, voting laws, driving, etc...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That was kinda directed at the parents.

9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200

How about we just don't talk about it then? I mean here we have a 6 year old shooting a 4 year old, accident or not, that's one of the many reasons we should be talking about those guns crap. If people are for possessing guns, at the very least they should treat those with the respect that they deserve and not lay them around for children to play with. I don't care how the kid got the gun, the owner is still to blame.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Its not the guns
    the stupidity of the owner just like a bad run away "car" that does the same thing.
    Come on a loaded gun a 4yr old can get whf?

NJ law Gun needs to be locked away and not accessible by a minor.
    Can be loaded if you want but thats stupid too since its locked up.
    I feel bad for everyody even the parents of the 4yr old.

You will see this summer,some poor kids left at poolside drownt or forgotton in 200f cars ect ect.
    poor inattentive parents
    Really it just takes a few minutes for bad crap to happen even to good parents.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Yes, it's not the guns, or the owners too in that respect.

The problem is how easy it is for stupid people to get access to guns.

12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Easy, blame the parents of the kid with the gun.

I'm not a believer in having firearms in a safe. I never have a round in the chamber, but I'll have a mag in.
    And I never want kids haha....

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's the easy way out, there are lots of factors that go into that too. People are imperfect by nature. This is one of those situations that inevitably happen. Kids injure and hurt themselves all the time, no matter how safe you think you've made your house.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    In this case its the owner's disreguard for the law,Fuc he would put his son in danger like that

Everybodys all up in the gun owners faces right now in the states.

Same people that say its ok to kill unborn AND born babies everyday that would make conn.look pale.

Same people that said they would not go after guns....whats next they going to be filling in the swimming pools or what.

That said i'm not a gun owner and i like back round checks like we got in nj.

15. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I'm very very far from wanting to restrict gun ownership to law abiding citizens....HOWEVER...if person A's dog bites a neighbor then person A is responsible and liable...IMO the same should apply to guns.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I cant wait for the government or others to come out and say "I bet he plays violent video games!! BAN THEM ALL!!"

Makes me sad that parent would be so stupid to leave a loaded gun lying around. There is only two places a gun should ever be, in the hand of a responsible adult, or in a locked draw/safe, end of.

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    But how many stupid owners does it take to reach a level where it's a problem for a society?
    No one could know beforehand if a buyer is too stupid to own one and even people who know better, are educated and trained still do stupid things due to laziness, forgetfulness, distractions..etc, any of which could happen somewhere, to someone, at any point in time, which it does.

A problem for which there is no solution. Even to the extreme of making guns illegal or require heavy training will prevent these from happening as both guns and stupidity will always exist.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If you don't have the gun in a safe at least have it unloaded that 4 year old would have had just a toy in his hands if the magazine had been removed and stored away.

19. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Something like this could just as easily happened with a steak knife. Could be playing with it cutting string or something and a kid trips and gets stabbed in the face.
    Education is always key.

If you must leave a gun around the house, even a loaded one, there's 1 little trick you can use.. Get a small animal electrified fence inverter. One of those things that have a wire that goes around the bottom of a kennel to stop dogs from digging under the fence. Set it to a fairly low setting, and attach it to the gun, the holster (with metal contact inside), or a gun case. And put a hidden switch or button near by.

If a child touches the handgun, they'll get an instant zap.
    You won't have to worry about the ammo, as the metal body of the handgun will work as a faraday cage. The electrical will flow around the ammo.
    If the weapon has a wooden stock, make it so the gun can't be removed without making metal contact.

I don't have to do this myself with my kid, but i see no reason why it wouldn't work. Just make sure the voltage and amps are low enough as not to cause injury, but high enough to give a painful zap. This should get you past the little trouble maker age. When they get a little older, education would work best.

PS alternative, battery backup, number pad controlled, open gun case.
    Essentially a bolted down open holster that uses a solenoid or two to lock the gun in place. type in a quick number and the solenoids retract and you can pull the gun out quickly.

From locked to in hand, would take only a second if you practice putting the code in.

20. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    This needs to get locked, pronto.

People for guns with almost always be for them. There isn't much that will convince them otherwise.

People against them will almost always be against them. There isn't much that will convince them otherwise.

When you put clashing ideals in the same "room" it almost always ends up in pointless conflict.