Software for findin duplicate files.

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by dcx_badass, Jan 12, 2008.

1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Basically I'm trying to have a big clear up, and I have tons of duplicate files, so I need a program that will search for all duplicates and I can delete them from within the software, it also needs to be able to take a minimum size, for example only find files over 50 mb.

Cheers.

2. rainer_64

rainer_64 Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6200 8pp oc
    HDCleaner and i think CCleaner search for all duplicate files, but they show you the filesize and than you can select which files you want to delete.

3. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    I downloaded vb6 express from microsoft a while ago but never had any ideas of what to program but a "find duplicate files" utility sounds like a perfect thing to do. Thanks for idea.

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well its mainly Films and versions of Vista taking up the space(I've got 9 versions of vista from Beta 1 to the RC's and finally the RTM).

Cheers for the link I'll check them out.

6. peterson

peterson Guest

GPU:
    3gb
    You might use the software Duplicate Files Deleter. It will give you a detailed analysis of how much space can be saved if you delete the files and what were their original locations so that you know what is deleted from where.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You might check the date of the last post, in this case 9 years ago :D

8. nejoda

nejoda Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
    ++ for CCleaner. Never let me down (especially when my mother falls in rage and create a dozen copies of everything)

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this require reading and understand of what is read, and thought processes, How many people can really claim to have any of that :banana:

Nerco gods are pleased or displeased depending on which way you look at it :)

10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    But the question remains: Did the OP get rid of his duplicate files? :pc1::nerd: