Pc shuts off every 20 mins of BF3

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by pavel101, Apr 19, 2013.

1. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Wait, so you're blaming Intel because your system has a crappy PSU? lol what.

The corsair is a good psu...I have a 650tx in one system, and 750 in the other.

2. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    got a corsair 750TX And the pc still shuts down lmao I give up im just gonna sell this junk

3. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    Anyone?

4. SpdyRobi

SpdyRobi Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 SLI
    Run a cpu stress test like prime 95, intel burntest or linx and see if the pc shuts off

If not then run a gpu stress test like furmark and see if you can get the pc to shut off.

Keep stress testing components until you can get the comp to shut off like in game. Hopefully you can get it widowed down to the component causing the problem. Good luck

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's probably the motherboard.

6. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    my guess is not motherboard but GFX, what are temps?
    PSU was crappy, but it seems that wasn't issue.
    good thing is to check RAM with memtest or similar testing software...

7. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    ^^^this Prime95 (smal FFT's) for CPU, Furmark for graphic card and then find what is causing shuts off.

What about airflow in that case? That rig must have adequate airflow so that hot air can quickly "leave" that case. While gaming or stress-testing hot air can be too much accumulated inside the case causing overheating of the CPU, GPU, MB or PSU (or all in the same time) and after that if only one of those components is overheated rig will do the shut off.

Also check the thermal compound between CPU and Intel BOX cooler.

Check in motherboard BIOS (Health Monitor or something similar) settings about CPU warning temperature and CPU temp when MB will do a automatic shutdown.

8. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    air

1.the case is a cool master case im not sure what model but it has a light blue bezel around it
    2.ive added some new thermal compound it lowered the temps

ill try what you guys suggested and update you if anything happens

9. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
  10. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Fans? How many of them and where they are mounted inside the case? Do some pics od case inside and outside and post them here so we can see fans...

11. Unyonface

Unyonface Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX760 SC ACX
    It's the GPU, look at his framerates and score, it should be a lot higher...

12. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

Bechmark result from Furmark and max.temperature in Furmark benchmark test they are not so important, do some Burn-in test because that is the main purpose of Furmark: if graphic card (especially OC'ed graph.card) passes without any problem Furmark Burn-in test without artifacts for 20 or 30 minutes then everything is OK with it, there is no game out there that could worm up graphic card GPU and memory higher than Furmark Burn-in test.
    Also while doing Furmark Burn-in test maximum temps of GPU must be higher on your GTX 560Ti than 55 Celsius on that picture of yours.

13. TonyOrlando

TonyOrlando Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX770 2GB
    Has to be heat buildup if it's time sensitive, either in the GPU or hot spots on the CPU.

Are you running software with a custom fan curve to increase fans as temps rise (like Precision X or Afterburner)? And did you apply the thermal paste on the CPU very thin, using a credit card to avoid any gaps or clumps?

14. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    its Strange my pc didnt shut down when i ran the test i just cant figure out what it is.i played Black ops 2 for an hour and nothing happened

15. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Try to open the case of that rig as much as you can, remove side panels and place that rig on the top of the table with a lot space/air around it. If you can place near it some big fan to blow air directly to the CPU, graphic card... Then do some Prime95 and Furmark Burn-in tests and play with high graphic details some demanding games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 & 3, Far Cry 3... After two, three days if you don't experience sudden turn offs then this is the clear case of some component overheating inside that rig: CPU, GPU or PSU, maybe even motherboard (NorthBridge or SouthBridge).
    Try that and then come back here with report

16. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    Thank you Very much ill try that

17. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    Looks like the fan idea didnt work either unfortunately,im trying to sell this system and make a new one with better parts and case i won a
    Antec Nine Hundred Two 902

18. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Yeah, it sounds like a part that slowly heats up.

Could be cpu/gpu if it's borderlining, and it just needs that extra 10th of a degree to fault.

But the mobo is a good candidate, because it has many components who's temperature is determined in large part by slowly rising ambient temperature inside the case.

-scheherazade

19. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Actually, this is something that happened to me for a while with an incessant GPU driver crash. (this was with an nvidia gpu)

I had to run fur mark 24/7 to keep my system stable.

It ultimately ended up being remedied by raising various max amps limits in my bios.
    Only with the raised amp limits could I stop running fur-mark and stay stable.

I suspect that the GPU/driver goes into a high power mode if the load gets high enough, but a medium load wasn't triggering the high power mode, and the GPU was being starved of power for the given load.

Might be totally unrelated to your problem, but I had to do exactly the same thing to be stable (run fur mark).

Here's my old thread : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=361947&highlight=scheherazade+570

-scheherazade

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  20. pavel101

pavel101 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 560TI with Fan mod
    thank you for the link