Resident Evil 4 (PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ViperXtreme, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    how about pluggint the PC onto a TV to enjoy the TV filter aka. diagonal layout of pixels.

2. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    are there any PS2 emulators that run fast enough yet?

3. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    PCSX2 seems to be the best one out there. Some games run very well but others not so much. Their website has a list of emulation problems for each game, if there are any.

4. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    If they don't put some effort to convert the game to the PC, then stop converting these console games like Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3 etc. which are good games;

Of course graphics aren't the only factor for a good game, gameplay is also important, but if the graphics are that bad like those in the RE4 PC, then why bother to convert the game and let us buy such poor converted game for the pc. We are speaking about quality, everything have to be good. The publishers think that we only buy the game, because the name of the game?

no AA and AF support; low res textures. And the same (fake) realtime events (like those in Sega's ShenMue) which are not realtime at all, because they are replaced by video cutscenes, just like on the playstation 2; the gamecube version got real/genuine "real time events" that scenes are in real time "drawn" and no video. There's no lighting in the pc version of the game, it is even worser that the PS2 version which itself is a toned down version (still good looking despite PS2's hardware limitations, but good programming is the key) of the Gamecube version;

By the way, the Gamecube's Resident Evil 4 is one of the most beautiful game for the consoles. Using a RGB cable and a standard 26 inch TV the RE4 for the Gamecube really shines, almost next-gen (despite it's interlaced). Even on a lcd-tv GC RE4 looks good despite using an analog cable like a RGB cable; well my Samsung 32 inch lcd can upscan analog signals/images very well; don't know whether other brands lcd tv's can upscan that well like the Samsung ones.

RE 4 PC should even have more improvements over the console versions like higher resolution textures, AA and AF support, more lighting, EAX HD support (while consoles version got Dolby Prologic II support which is good and sufficient), real/genuine real time events, higher quality cutscenes/video, because it has delayed for so/too long!!! Instead of this, the pc version get worser graphics than those for the console versions!

That's a major letdown!

Get the Gamecube version of RE4 to play on the Nintendo Wii or Gamecube; or get the PS2 version to play it on PCSX2 and (edit) offcourse on the PS2 or PS3.

The RE4 on the two consoles cost around 5.99-19.99 bucks!!!!!

Just forget the PC version!

edit: there's native widescreen support for RE4 PC!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007

5. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    well maybe graphics sucks but i'm enjoying this
    1920x1200 8xaa 16xaf and gamepad. :)

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I'm really not bothered about the controls, i'm still going to buy it when released.

Jade Empire on PC comes out quite soon to by the way, it'll be even more awesome than the Xbox one.

7. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Now THAT'S a port I'm looking forward to :D

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    so here's what i heard:

ubisoft is going to release the europe version of RES4(with shader, shadows, mouse control...)...i think it's going to be released in april(that is what says on www.ubi.com anyway), so i'm going to forget about biohazard, and w8 for RES4 released by all faitfull ubi;)

9. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    the difference is going to be 2

Name Resident Evil 4
    the movie of ubi at the beginning of the game

:D

10. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    :D...i hope you are jocking:)

11. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Oblivion is fun but I personally still enjoy Morrowind much more, it just has so much more depth and features. With Morrowind I feel like I'm actually part of the game world, with Oblivion I feel more like I'm just playing a character, if that makes sense. Oblivion's UI is too console-ish too.

A bunch of little things can count much more than a few big things when it comes to an enjoyable game. Oblivion was a let down when compared to the game before it.

12. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb

No im not jocking, is true, i know its sad, they made a crap port from an awsome game. ( i dont know because i dont own a ps2, but many folks out there say the same )

13. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

see...graphics is a gameplay feature.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That, didn't make much sense.

Nor did the quote you quoted.

15. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB

i totally agree , certain games require certain graphics , it seems that the have ruined the pc version

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, but so was Morrowind compared to Daggerfall. It was still a lot more enjoyable than Oblivion tho.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    According to that, all of the 90s games were shlte. Graphics have absolutely NOTHING to do with gameplay ffs. Take brilliant old games, games like Dark Forces, Quake, F1GP, Daggerfall, Flashback, Full Throttle, Monkey Island, Doom, Realms Of Arcania, Lands Lore, Turrican, Speedball, Stonekeep, Dungeon Maser and thousands more. Are you telling me that only because they have shlte graphics (compared to today's standards) they are shlte games? I don't thinks so and let me tell you, I've just replayed Stonekeep and had so much fun I couldn't believe it.

Ok, let me rephrase that, graphics contribute to gameplay immersion, I'd give them 5% contribution towards that.

18. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

well in the 90's the graphics technology available then was used as a form of gameplay. they thought (and I thought) that games looked good back then, though when we look back they look like crap. but still they used graphics as a gameplay feature in one way or another. the only reason you don' think that graphics could have been used as a gameplay feature in old games is because the graphics were sh*t (but only compared to today), but take yourself back to those days and you would have been like "wow look at those awesome graphics", though today you would laugh at it. the only difference today is that that graphics technology has increased so much and we are close to life like graphics that graphics can now be used more as a form of gameplay than ever before, hence why many games are focusing on graphics today. game developers are using this technology to it's fullest, and why shouldn't they.

EDIT: the problem is you think that those old games have s*t graphics, but they dont. they looked goodwhen we first played them. they just look crap compared to today. crysis will look like sh*t in say 3 or 4 years. that doesn't mean I am saying that crysis is a sh*t game (in 4 years from now). crysis will have great gameplay, and graphics will boost that.

19. snowolves

snowolves Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATi Radeon 9550 128M
    Compared with Silent Hill.....

20. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    oh my the thread is becoming hot of gameplay/graphics arguements
    well, there are some games that requires at least enhanced graphics like this one, its not creepy at all when walking down in the forest with no dynamic lights and stuff, the flashlight in RE4 is is somewhat useless since everything is already bright, like this sample RE4 sample video

http://files.filefront.com/game_2007_02_03_00_59_43_8WMV/;6668389;;/fileinfo.html

edit:
    some folks made some mouse support, not perfect afaik, but works
    http://down.modchina.com/USER/fiNAL/MouseAim11.zip