GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    What no one has any ss3 numbers on a 680?

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I would like to see that. I love the SS series.

3. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Thanks for the tip, although I already did all of that :(.. I've tried tons of different combo's of clocks, including guru3d's walkthrough ones. My issue I keep coming into is it seems to under perform on benchmarks. I've seen the stock Heaven 3.0 bench's here like around 1900 I believe it was, and I only get like 1200. Getting pretty frustrated honestly.. Also annoyed I cant adjust the voltage outta the 1.175 range, but meh.. If I could get the dang benchmarks to avg out I would be at least content...

Getting to the point of doing a full PC wipe and seeing if its just something buggy with my PC.. I'll give ya pc specs as well just so they're known.

I5-2500k was OCed to 5.1ghz Air, but took it down to see if it was instability with the CPU maybe, so now around 4.7ghz.
    1000w PSU
    P8z68 v-Pro Asus board
    Had 8 gigs of ram OCed that I turned down to stock and added another 8 gigs.
    Vertex 3 SSD, 2 WD HDD's
    Temps are never even close to high either.

Turned on messages in Heaven and seen a few "something Render restart", is that normal or?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. Retow

Retow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX780 ti

5. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Those Heaven Bench's at 1900 are on a 680 x 2 running sli… So, your score of 1200 is about right for one GTX 680 :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    1200 isn't very impressive really....

7. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yes it is, 1 GTX 680 at stock...it's about right with everything maxed

8. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
  9. Nightfireomg

Nightfireomg Guest

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX SLI
  10. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    I could kiss you for that lol.. Saved me from facesmashing my 680. No clue how I missed that.. We need some more single 680 Benches then IMO. Thanks much!!

On the other note, whats the best Percision/Afterburner Settings people have gotten stable? Noticed its pretty variable per person honestly.

11. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    You're welcome m8 :) I'm not sure of the average overclock settings people here have gotten, but I think it varies a bit so maybe like +100mhz to start with on core, mem a bit less...

regards,
    RagDoll.

12. Retow

Retow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX780 ti
    I would oblige but i have a 120hz monitor and it only goes up to 1680x1050 :)

on a different note 3d vision is awesome with this card finally a single GPU that can handle decent settings in later games :)

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Checking in :)

I'll post benchies tonight.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I posted my results in this thread here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=360571

My POV card seems to be able to handle +130 Power, +125 MHz Core and +250 MHz memory just fine with no unexpected freezes or artifacts during my testing of several games as well as 3DMark11 (Performance + Extreme) and Heaven v3.0 (1920x1200, 8xAA/16xAF, Extreme Tessellation). Those were just conservative figures I picked based on the fact that my card, by default (i.e. without altering any settings), will overclock itself to 1,137 MHz on the core during games (+121 MHz over the default core). I suspect the memory can go higher; a guy from NVIDIA claims that 6.8 GHz (800 MHz over the default clock) is typically possible. That in itself is amazing considering the GTX 580's memory was only clocked at 4 GHz!

This card really is incredible. It scored X3656 on 3DMark11 whereas my GTX 580 managed only X2127 (that's a 70% improvement!). It's a beast on the default settings and a pleasant upgrade over my GTX 580 but overclocked it absolutely roars (I don't mean that literally by the way as the card runs very quiet). The core clock can probably handle 1.3 GHz max. at a push but I'm happy to leave the settings as they are.

15. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    That's brilliant, glad you like the card :) 70% is a very worthwhile upgrade, and if 3d vision is that much better, makes me think of getting one of these aswell… :) wish I had the extra change.

regards,
    RagDoll.

16. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
  17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thats not bad good scores.

I got the hotwire mod shams put up -12 in bios gives me 1.33ish-+.
    I did not do the ocp/ovp i want that right now.
    So far +200 has been ok now to mod the one with the h70 on it,around 10c hotter then stock.
    pretty easy mod just 1 wire to plug into mb,i should go get some tal caps to i think
    i'll see what i can do with a single card...hope it dont start smoking on me.

18. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    I've also joined the club! Gainward GTX 680 incoming! Expected arrival: 2 days :D :D

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hmmm, a lot of people seem to be getting very good overclocks on the memory of +400 to +500 MHz. I tried +500 MHz on mine and got "driver not responding errors" but that may have been because I hadn't raised the Power Limiter from its default 100% at the time.

+250 MHz seems to work fine for me from my testing last night but seems a little conservative so I may try pushing it a little further to +350 or +400 MHz. This increases the memory bandwidth available to the card, doesn't it, so is useful when using lots of AA?

20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Well, I hope there is a crapload of NEW Next Gen games coming to justify having these new cards.