Can i bring my xbox 360 on a plane???

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by theworldisover, Jun 7, 2009.

1. theworldisover

theworldisover Guest

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    I am going to indiana for 2 weeks and i as wondrying if i can bring my xbox 360 on the plane(s)?

If so how would i go about that as to packing it and stuff?

i will be boarding 2 planes along the trip. 1 from syracuse to NY.NY then on another one to indiana.

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeh and in a suitcase with some padding would do.

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Alright...for traveling put your xbox in the main luggage and not the one you are going to be carrying. (That is if you have main luggage). Now the packing is really down to the user. Some people like to go overboard and put the xbox in a box full with foam while others tend to put a lot of clothes in their luggage then wrap the xbox in one of those Fed-ex think sheets and then put it between the clothes so they can save space in their luggage.

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Carry on, unless you want it broken or stolen

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I actually won't even bring a game console on board an aircraft. I'm not sure if it's allowed as a carryon and if it's not, most likely the console will be mishandled by the cargo loaders... maybe tell the check-in counter people to label it as a fragile material?

deltatux

6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Yes, you can carry it on.
    It is just a computer.

7. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Simply put: yes

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Sure you can carry it on.. just make sure you remove the bomb that you were going to try hidding inside it and you should have no problems :p

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    have taken my ps3 abroad several times as hand luggage. just need a large rucksack to take it. i put the cables in my suitcase...

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^^same as that, i took my PS3 to denmark in January and back in April, brought it with me as hand luggage and just padded it with clothes. Ive taken PS2's also. Wouldnt recommend putting it as checked in luggage as guaranteed it will be broken

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I would also suggest bringing it as carry on luggage, purely for the fact only you will be handling it.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yep i def wouldnt put into the hold....dont see why people are suggesting it. xbox360 and ps3 fit fine into a backpack/rucksack. and u can pad it with clothes..i use my running tops which are lycra and some socks and wrap it some insulating stuff i got with my monitor..

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Last time I came back from Germany with an external HDD in my backpack they told me that next time I should put it into my main luggage or they could confiscate it. :3eyes:

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    they probably said that if it was packed away, you need to be able to take it out of wherever its packed quickly and easily as it must go through the scanners separately, its damn annoying

15. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, lmimmfn, but they (American customs officer) said, if I would take the external HDD with me in my backpack (carry on luggage) again, they could just take it away from me.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ahh well in the states they might be more strict..in fact definately. i have taken a ps3 in hand luggage to spain/mallorca around 5 times. not even asked once to take it out of the bag...

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah, I dont see why you cant carry it on. I brought my laptop one time, all they do is just wipe it with some junk and stick it in a microwave. Pretty sure its a bomb test, but, as long as you dont have any bombs in, I think youre good to go.

18. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Best way imo:
    If you know on which airport your plane is departing, simply call them and ask..
    So you'll avode all the trouble, if there would be any..

off-topic.: how are x-ray scanners affecting electronic components?

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ahh sorry i misread( thought you ment customs when leaving germany ), but yeah going intercontinental with electrical stuff can be a bit dodgy, and i guess its more strict in the US which tbh is stupid regarding the harddrive as it effectively means you cant even bring an ipod through.

Also if going intercontinental the definately dont put any electronic stuff in its original box or you'll get done for import tax

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Some of the restrictions for international flights are just ridiculous, imo, but if that's the price we have to pay for security, I'm kind of OK with it, since it's no big deal to just put it into my luggage.

On the other hand though, it's ludicrous to confiscate this kind of stuff. Apparently US customs do have the right to keep laptops, for example, indefinitely, as I read a few articles after that "incident".

Run it through scanners and give it back to me. Everything else is just chicanery, as far as I'm concerned.